It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2008, 02:03 AM   #1
(female)

bellagee HB User
H Pylori symptoms - very concerned

Hi everyone,
I'm so glad that I found this discussion board. I was recently diagnosed with recurring H Pylori and am currently on Nexium HP7 protocol which includes 1 nexium tab twice a day, 1 Klacid twice a day and 2 tabs of amoxil also twice a day. My doctor has referred me to a Gastroenterologist which I will be visiting this week as he suspects that I may have a hernia or an ulcer. In addition to this I will more than likely require an endoscopy as well.
Please can someone advise if these following symptoms are typical of Pylori? Belching after meals, passing wind (sorry!) slight fullness in the stomach, pain on left side under breastbone which feels like a bruise and which comes and goes, mid back pain and also at times I also feel like I have a golf ball in my throat and sometimes find it difficult to breathe.
I am very worried as sometimes I fear the worst and I'm not sure if all of this is setting of some anxiety in me.
Please if anyone can respond to this thread I would be most appreciative. Just need some good advice which will settle me emotionally before I see the gastroenterologist.
Good health to all of you. Bella

Old 02-26-2008, 10:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: H Pylori symptoms - very concerned

Hi Bella,

Your symtoms sound more like gallbladder problems along with a hiatal hernia. The hernia would be the pain around/under the breast bone.
The golf ball feeling in your throat could be spasm and cramping caused by lack of magnesium in your diet--- read some of the thread at the top of this page " Gerd Sufferers-- I Feel Good Let me tell you Why" by bluepumpkin-- he had a hernia for 9 years and it was caused lack of magnesium. An old thread but still good.

I wish you well---Harry

Last edited by Harry; 02-26-2008 at 10:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
(male)

kebster HB User
Re: H Pylori symptoms - very concerned

hiya im currently going through the same as you bella. i have had two sets of the h pylori medication and im still taking the second set and i have suffered with this problem for around 4 years. I have had a berium swallow, two blood tests including having my blood sugar levels tested, my thyroid tested and my liver and kidneys. I have also had one of the breath tests which is a waste of time. your symtoms do sound like h pylori as i get the same ie belching, bloating, cramps and i have also gone from 13.5 stone to just over 11 stone. the pain in your back or chest is also consistant with h pylori. go to the halicobacter foundation website and look at the symtoms. Good luck with your problem

Closed Thread