It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #1
(female)

fiona515 HB User
Ulcer..

Anyone out there also have an ulcer? I'm pretty sure that's what I have, but I don't want to go to doc and get scoped stem to stern. Bloating every afternoon, same time of day on and off for 2 weeks. Some heartburn. Was taking Metagenics Probioplex, which is good for leaky gut and such, so maybe that was keeping it under control. Under a LOT of stress (A LOT!) the past month, then ran out of Probioplex for about a week before the new bottle was shipped to me, and I spent 2 nights in horrendous pain. I took Zantac, pepto, nothing worked. My stomach felt like there was a hole in it, and lots of bloating/gas. I finally was able to go and pick up some omeprazole 14 day treatment and already feel much better. Also drinking aloe juice- that made a big difference.

Also read about alkalizing and acidifying foods, ate nothing but alkalizing foods for the past two days, intend on continuing that for the next 2 weeks. Anyone else done something like this?

Old 02-26-2008, 10:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Ulcer..

I don't know very muchabout controlling leaky-gut syndrome?
The Prilosec OTC drug you are taking is a good stomach acid reducer!

But 85% of ulcers are caused by H pylori bacteria. The most reliable method to have a diagnosis is to have a scope of your stomach and have a biopsy of the area that is hurting.

A breath test can also be used for a diagnosis but it may not yet available where you live.
The treatment for an ulcer is to take an antibiotic for a week or 2 depending on the antibiotic strength you take and an anti-acid supplement like a proton pump inhibitor -- Prilosec, Prevacid --Nexium etc for a month or so.
Have you been tested for ulcers?

I wish you well---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
(female)

immay27 HB User
Re: Ulcer..

hi, yes i have ulcer too, getting worse, i take more medicine already, it will hell a month but it will be back..im having check up to different doctors then they prescribe me diffirent medicine, but still it dont work i still have pain in the left side of my stomach its been 4 years ifeel this way, im 27 y.o from philippines,

i dont try any examination yet, from now im taking milk of magnesia i feel good but still hurt sometimes,,,

Closed Thread