It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
(male)

Valeriy HB User
treatment of H plyori

I was treated for H plyori bacteria 9 months ago. And 3 months ago I had a carbon urea breath test which was negative. Couple weeks ago I made a visit to my doctor because of severe heartburn and some stomach pain. Doctor ordered me to pass a blood test which was positive for H plyori. Could it be that I have this bacteeria again?

Old 02-26-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sam78 HB User
Re: treatment of H plyori

Do you know if it was a titer or just the test for the bacteria? Once you have H-pylori you usally test positive for it for a while after it. I would see if they did a titer which would definetly tell you it was an active infection. And yes unfortunately you could have it again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2008, 10:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

I agree H pylori bactria can stay in your blood for months and is not a reliable way to evaluate it's presence. A breath test is more reliable way of detecting H pylori bacteria.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:58 AM   #4
(male)

kebster HB User

hi val i had a blood test 2 years ago and tested possitive for h pylori. I then had the awfull medication to get rid of it which did not work. I have since had the same breath test as you and again it came back negative. I have h pylori still and am currently taking more of the awfull medication. The breath test doesnt work i had a berium swallow which showed nothing wrong and i have had my blood sugar levels tested aswell as my thyroid,kidneys and liver which again came back all ok (touch wood).

Old 03-04-2008, 10:31 AM   #5
(female)

mizzaj HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
I agree H pylori bactria can stay in your blood for months and is not a reliable way to evaluate it's presence. A breath test is more reliable way of detecting H pylori bacteria.
How about a stool test? I had a stool test and it came back negative for H Pylori about 5 weeks after I had stopped the triple therapy. Is that reliable as well? My symptoms didn't go away after I took the meds. The relationship between h pylori and non ulcer dyspepsia (which I may have) is unclear according to what I've read, but I'm wondering if the initial presence of H Pylori instigated my lingering digestive problems-- even once the bacteria was eliminated. Sort of like the bacteria, "messed everything up", and the result is now non ulcer dyspepsia that has continued over time....just a thought.

Closed Thread