It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2008, 07:05 PM   #1
(female)

Channing1 HB User
Unhappy HELP! Painful throat pinching and swallowing probs..

I am 21, 135lbs, female and I eat about average, not particularly bad or great... I have never had this as a persistent problem, only a few times here and there after starchy things like bread and rice if I eat them to quickly and it was never this intense...

Symptoms:

VERY painful, tense throat with pinching sensation from the back of my mouth all the way to my lungs

feeling of heaviness in chest/lungs and throat.

VERY similar to the feeling one gets when one swallows a pill "wrong" or it gets "stuck"

Now getting light headed and headaches from the pain

It hurts everytime I swallow, whether it be saliva, food, or drink.

Can't tilt my head very far backwards without feeling he intense pinching, aching pain

I feel the need to burp, but I can't! Or if I do get to burp, it is short, not at all deep, and EXTREMELY painful

I am experiencing a LOT of excessive saliva that is either VERY watery or VERY thick and "slimy feeling"

I woke up this morning in a puddle of this slick saliva and have been experiencing all of this all day. This is COMPLETELY abnormal for me... it hurts SO much I can hardly take it.. I want to go to sleep just to ease the pain.. I could hardly function at work today..

Does anyone know what this might be?

I am experiencing a LOT o stress at the moment but this is so sudden... seems odd.. Help!

Old 04-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dannic1 HB User
Re: HELP! Painful throat pinching and swallowing probs..

I am certainly no dr., but I have also had the excessive saliva problem before. I truly believe that stress can bring it on. However, I also (because of stress, I feel) suffer from acid reflux, which actually can cause excessive saliva. I would definitely go to a gastro. dr. or g.p. if I were you and rule out a medical cause. If you are under stress, might not hurt to talk to someone as well. I'm in counseling and it certainly helps.

Blessings to you. You are in my thoughts and in my prayers.

danni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread