It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User
Almost every body part checked--all negative

Hi, Well, almost every body part has been scanned, scoped, ultrasounded etc. Nothing suggests why I am having the pain under my ribs or abdominal pain and nausea. I saw the surgeon today that did my gastric bypass years ago. My dr. thought scar tissue. He can't explain the pain. He wants me to have a Thoracic MRI with contrast. It made no sense to me and I kind of felt like he was dismissing me. He said he is not a fan of scar tissue. So I went home and researched it. I read that the Thoracic is connected to the ribs. So if there is a herniated disc or something, it could cause referred pain around the front to the abdomen and stomach. So who knows. I do have three herniated discs in my neck and had in my lower back with a history of spinal fusion etc. So who knows. Maybe there is something there. That is my last hope of finding an answer. The pain has gotten a little better with the new meds my dr. gave me. So it will be interesting to see what the MRI shows. My ultrasounds last week showed a fatty liver which the surgeon said was pretty swollen. The other ultrasound showed something called Adenomyosis. That is something about the lining of the uterus grows into the muscle wall. Still would not explain the upper abdominal pain. It does explain the pelvic pain which I don't even complain about anymore. It is just odd that the pain starts after I eat. Why the nausea? Could it all be caused by something pressing on a nerve? We will see. It is so frustrating when they tell you every test is normal but you are still in pain. I mean, I'm glad they don't find anything but just frustrating. I am also dealing with my post op fusion pain every day. Just seems like one thing after another.

Last edited by hessie28; 03-03-2008 at 03:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2008, 09:19 AM   #2
(female)

tata33 HB User
Question Re: Almost every body part checked--all negative

I have been there too. I know what you are going through I have had so many tests done stomach and heart and mri and ct scans and all that and everything normal. I had a small cyst on my uterius and I had a hyst. in Jan. and I still have the stomach pain and the nausea and vomiting and the back pain I even have chest pain and it only gets bad when I get gasy so I don't know what to do next I have seen so many drs. for different things and they give up and don't know what is wrong. I have been told it could be related to me having myotonia congenital it is under md stuff and I have also been told it could be related to my epidurals when I had my last baby so i don't know what to think I just know I am tired of going through all this for 2 years and still not knowing anything. Let me know something.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: Almost every body part checked--all negative

It is very frustrating. I am finally feeling better thanks to the meds. It is still there. Funny you mention edpidurals. I just finished a set of 6 for my lower back. I wonder if related. My mother keeps saying it is and I keep telling her no. I get my mid back (thoracic) MRI so will see if it is that. My liver is very large. They showed me on the computer and it took the screen up. But my blood work does not indicate any fatty liver. I wonder. I think it is scar tissues. I had gastric bypass, gastric bypass revision and gallbladder done. Then I had two Laporatormys for ovarian cyst. Adhesions like rubberbands. Hard to believe scar tissue would not be back. When I had the bypass the dr. said he took scar tissue off the liver and other organs. What scares me is how do you prevent a relapse? I can't be that sick again. It was bad.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:54 AM   #4
(female)

tata33 HB User
Smile Re: Almost every body part checked--all negative

Yea I hear ya. I don't know what is going on but I don't like it. Just like this weekend I have had alot of stomach pain and I have the upper right pain worse now than I did before they took my gallbladder. I need to find a stomach doctor that will help me and not give up but I don't know where to find one. It is just awful and I get tired of hurting all the time. And I wonder about scare tissue too cause I had a hysterectomy in Jan. 2008 and they couldn't get my appendix because there was too much scare tissue, he said it would have been harder on me if he would have taken it but I don't see how if scare tissue can cause as much pain too. I had a csection in 2005 and then I had my gallbladder out in 2006 and then this surgery in 2008 and they have looked up and down my stomach and it shows nothing so I want to find out about the scare tissue. It could be a start. Well keep me updated. And its nice to know I am not alone.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi. That scar tissue is a killer. After my first ovarian cyst was removed and my cesearean, I had horrible pain. It was about a year after. The pain was unbearable. The GYN did an ultrasound and said there was a small cyst. Nothing to worry about. The pain got worse so he said he would go in through Laproscopy. When I woke up I had another Cesearean cut. (3rd one). He said there were thick rubber band like adhesions around the ovary and cysts. They were on my colon and bladder. He had to do the major incision because he was afraid he could rupture the colon if he tried to get the scar tissue off through the scope. I still get a pulling pain there but not bad enough for more surgery. When I had the gastric bypass the surgeon noted that he took 2 hours first to remove scar tissue from my liver and where my gallbladder was and also pelvic area. Problem is that it does not show up on any test. They only find if they go in and look. I still have a pulling pain by my stomach and a little nausea. What does a person do? My Dr. is doing all the right tests. He thinks exploratory surgery but the surgeon said he is not a fan of scar tissue and thinks it is my back. Since I had the gastric bypass, he is really the only surgeon that should go in . Scary stuff.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:46 AM   #6
(female)

tata33 HB User

That is what makes me think they should have taken my appendix when I had my hyst. but the dr said there was too much scare tissue to get to it without causing me more problems but I don't see how if scare tissue can cause problems too so I don't know. I just know I have too much stomach pain and get sick too much so I have got to do something and then I found out that my hormones may be the cause for my blood sugar getting low, crazy.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:52 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I wish they would have taken my appendix out too. I know someday with my luck it will burst and will be a nightmare. They don't like to do that though. Hope you feel better.

Closed Thread