It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
(female)

rmv1983 HB User
Is this within the boundries of normal still? =/

Can anyone tell me how long it took them to get back to "normal" eating habits after their gall bladder surgery? It has been about 4 months since I had my GB out, and I still cannot eat anything with much fat in it, or I end up throwing up. It is not uncommon for me to "spit up" a little bit if I eat or drink to much. I have to eat smaller portions or I get sick. I still avoid soda like the plaque. I take Zantec (150mg) every morning. I did forget for about a week and my burping after eating started back up, and recently so has stomach cramping. I'm just frustrated, and not sure where to go from here. In all I have lost 40 pounds from the start of my illness last September until now. Thanks for the help everyone

Old 03-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #2
(female)

PLJ HB User
Re: Is this within the boundries of normal still? =/

It is not unusual & most people will be able to resume a "normal" diet eventually after GB surgery. You may want to try digestive enzymes from a health food store. Get something with lipase to help with fat digestion. You may wish to supplement with fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K) also, since you probably haven't absorbed them well over the past 4 months or longer. Have your Dr check your vitamin D level - very important!!!!
Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
(female)

rmv1983 HB User
Re: Is this within the boundries of normal still? =/

Thank you Its just frustrating still having problems after four and a half months. I know people that have had it out that were fine after the initial healing period...I still can't eat anything with much fat

Closed Thread