It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 02:46 AM   #1
(female)

pinkeddy HB User
Do I have H-Pylori? Lots of symptoms

Hello there, does anyone suffer similar symptoms? Could I have H-Pylori?
My symptoms are:
Anxiety for two years with some depression
PMS/Mood Swings
Sever Fatigue in mornings and afternoons
Abdomen Pain
Diarrhea
Back pains on right hand side if eaten wrong thing
Rib pain
occasional nausea and vomiting
Had quite a few gastric bugs - 5 since Sept 07.
Severe sinus problems - constant.
Vertigo/dizzyness
Ulcers in mouth and throat
Hungry lots - crave carbs
Eratic eating with weight loss and weight gain.
Hyperglycemic attacks
Back hurts when I go to bed and cannot sleep on sides
Cannot tolerate spicy foods, dairy, caffeine, alcohol or acidic foods
Flatulence, belching and burping
Colic pains
joint pains
flu like pains
tension headaches

Have had 3 blood tests which came back ok, an ultra-sound which was clear and am due an endoscopy in April but i just can imagine it coming back normal.
I am now taking omprazole every day which helps the pain but if i stop it I am now left with constant acid reflux.
I am really confused and at my wits end and I am sure there are many people like this, any advice?

pinkeddy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
(female)

motheroftwoboys HB User
Re: Do I have H-Pylori? Lots of symptoms

So what did they check for when they did the blood tests?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2008, 02:27 AM   #3
(female)

pinkeddy HB User

They checked everything apparantly but I am not sure that H-pylori cannot always be picked up like that. Everything looked fine on the blood test results.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:35 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

kw123 HB User

Ask for the breath test. I just had endoscopy that confirmed H. pylori. I had a lot of your symptoms. Have you been checked for Celiac disease? Look it up on google. I thought I had this but it turned up h. pyloria. Also ask Dr. for Celiac panel blood work. Let me know what happens. Did you have b12 and ferritn checked in bloodwork. From h pyloria I had low both and this caused a lot of my problems. Ask dr for all the above tests. This will shed some light. If all normal it may be anxiety.

Last edited by kw123; 03-13-2008 at 06:38 AM.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:12 AM   #5
(female)

pinkeddy HB User

hi, thanks for your reply. I was wondering about celiac disease too but I couldn't understand the pain radiating to my back. What symptoms did you have? And what treatment did you have for your H-pylori? Well I have this booked in for April 8th so will have to see what happens. Is the endoscopy unpleasant, mind you it probably isn't anything compared to the symptoms I am getting! I know that anxiety can cause lots of these problems when u are stuck in the loop but the back thing and vomiting has swayed me into thinking it could be something else, amazing what anxiety can do to your body though.

Are you better now?

Thanks
Claire

Old 03-14-2008, 10:29 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Jo332a HB User

Hi,
I can understand your feelings, I have similar symptoms including the back ache/pain, flatulence, diet problems, nausea, fatigue & tiredness.
The list goes on & on. Some time ago my GP thought I had a Hiatus hernia.
I have had PPIs,and Ranitidine for a number of years , but nothing ever worked that well. Have had antibiotics for H.pylori, after a positive blood result........ My tum seems worse since the antibiotics, so in desperation have added Manuka +10 honey and Mastic Gum Capsules to my daily routines. Both are said to kill off the H. pylori bacteria.
They appear to ease my symptoms.... But maybe its wishful thinking .........
I am booked in for an endoscopy in April . Should have been the 8th....
Am now having it on the 9th. Am not looking forward to this at all, but am resigned to the fact that without it everything stays the same.
Good luck, let us know how you get on......
Jo.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:43 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

kw123 HB User

Here are my symptoms:

headache
abd cramps
bloating
gas
diarrhea
fatigue
joint pain
nausea upon waking
low back pain
sinus

I have been on an antibiotic for 6 days and I don't feel much better. The endo was not bad. You go right to sleep and when you wake up you feel like nothing ever happened. Do not worry about it. Oh I also had terrible anxiety not sure if caused by h pylori or not anyway good luck and let us know how you are.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:18 AM   #8
(female)

pinkeddy HB User

I am not sure how to reply to two people that have posted on this website, however thanks for your responses.
I know one thing is that you have to be positive about these stomach things and it is so hard when you feel so wretched and you cannot have a proper life with it really. I think I am going to try the Manuka honey too, where do you get the mastic gum capsules from?

Jo332 - My endoscopy is booked for 8th April so we will have to compare notes and it sounds like you are put out anyway so no worries there. Just think how nice it will be to discover what is wrong finally. Let me know how you get on.

KW123 - How long are the anti-biotics meant to take? Did you have the anxiety before the stomach problems started? I hope you are feeling better soon.

Thanks Claire

Old 03-17-2008, 06:50 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

kw123 HB User

I am on antibiotics for 2 weeks and yes my anxiety started before the stomach issues.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:54 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Jo332a HB User

Hello again,
I get my Manuka +10 honey from Tesco's at £5-49 per jar.
The Mastic Gum capsules I get from an on-line health shop.
500 mg capsules --- Buy 3 months & get one month free. They are in the UK & USA.

Will let you know how I get on - on the 9th..... Seems odd we are both having endoscopies at same time, your not in east middle England are you. ?
Jo.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-17-2008 at 03:56 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Old 04-10-2008, 12:18 AM   #11
(female)

jill60 HB User

A couple of yrs ago I was diagnosed with H-pylori. My symptoms were I just felt like I was going to throw up all the time but never did. H -pylori is what causes ulcers, not stress like Dr's use to think yrs. ago.
My stepdad had h-pylori & had no symptoms at all until he almost bled to death. He was working out of town, went for a jog, returned back to hotel because he didn't feel well. He sat in the lobby drinking some coffee & passed out. When he came to there was blood everywhere. They thought he had been shot. Ended up he had a ulcer the size of a quarter at the end of his esophagus. I told my Mom they needed to test for h-pylori. Sure enough he had it. I took a antibiotic of 1000mg a day for 10 days. I think my stepdad did too.
We had all been on a cruise together a few months before & my Dr. said we could have very well picked up the bug on the ship. I had ask a nurse friend if he had ever heard of h-pylori & he said yes & I hear it is a pretty mean bug!
I hope by now you have found some relief or what is causing the problem.
My stepdad got a $3000.00 bill from the hotel for the clean up of the blood.
He was hurt worse from the scaulding coffee going in his lap & crotch!

Jil60

Old 04-10-2008, 02:31 AM   #12
(female)

pinkeddy HB User

Thanks for your replies. Jill 60 Sorry to hear that you both had H-Pylori - how were u on the antibiotics? How long did u have the h-pylori for?

Jo332a How did your endscopy go? I Have a endoscopy booked for 3 weeks time (they mucked it up!) so will hopefully will find out. The back pain is bad at the moment and I feel sick quite a bit. I am in the South East.

kw123 How are you feeling? Have your symptoms gone?

I keep getting really anxious that they are going to tell me it is something worse! agh!

Old 04-11-2008, 12:04 AM   #13
(female)

pinkeddy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo332a View Post
Hello again,
I get my Manuka +10 honey from Tesco's at £5-49 per jar.
The Mastic Gum capsules I get from an on-line health shop.
500 mg capsules --- Buy 3 months & get one month free. They are in the UK & USA.

Will let you know how I get on - on the 9th..... Seems odd we are both having endoscopies at same time, your not in east middle England are you. ?
Jo.
How are you now?

Old 04-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #14
(female)

pinkeddy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
I am on antibiotics for 2 weeks and yes my anxiety started before the stomach issues.
Are you any better after the antibiotics?

Old 04-15-2008, 07:13 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

kw123 HB User

pinkeddy- sorry not been on in days. I feel so much better with stomach issues. Anxiety still bad and now I have muscle twitches that are freaking me out. I was just re-tested for h pylori with breath test and I am waiting for results. How are you? Let me know. I will also post results when I get them.

Closed Thread