It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
(female)

espedi HB User
H pylori bacteria

I have the bacteria, I just finished the second treatment for it with Hp-Pac Kit for 7 days, I am still having pain in my stomach and a lot discomfort and gas. Is this normal?what should I do now? I am so tired of having this pain specially at night when I am sleeping. Please tell me what to do.
Diana Espejo
34 years old

Old 03-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
(female)

selma67 HB User
Re: H pylori bacteria

HI espedi

I'm afraid I cannot help exactly, since I have not got h pylori myself, but i suspect my son may have it and am trying to get him tested for this. In any case, whilst researching it, I came across some helpful information on Manuka Honey which, if you buy Active 15+, might help you. Apparently, it kills h pylori bacteria and some people have found it worked better for them than antibiotics (although do whatever your doctor agrees with). In fact, it did seem to work on my son very well initially, but something seems to have triggered his symptoms again (and, again, we are pre-diagnosis anyway, but we are desperate). There are multiple articles on the internet about how to take it, but it is usually recommended to take 1 teaspoon of the honey soaked on a piece of bread to keep it in your stomach longer, 4 times a day (about 20 minutes before eating and again before bed). The treatment is not an overnight cure, though, and most people still have to go back for breath tests later on, apparently, but many seem to report that after several months the breath tests have come back negative. Of course, talk to your doctor and do some research first to see if this might help you.

All the best

Selma67

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Jo332a HB User
Re: H pylori bacteria

I had the antibiotic treatment for H.pylori, & it appeared to have worked .
Except one month later I was back with the same old problems.
I tried Mastic Gum capsules, they eased my tum no end, after about 6 weeks I stopped taking them, and was back to square one again.
My symptoms became worse, I was in agony, I was taking Mastic Gum plus Ranitidine 150mg twice a day ..... Someone on here mentioned Manuka 10+ honey, so I got some . The relief was fantastic.
I took 2 teasps several times a day at first, but I found that several hot drinks during the day are much better ....
I always have a hot Manuka honey drink at bedtime.
My strict routine is now .... a PPI at 9 am. Mastic 1 gm. at 9pm and Manuka at bedtime.
I was bothered about a sweet drink at night, but found my mouth was lovely the next morning, the honey works on the oral bacteria as well.

Closed Thread