It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
(female)

Skimmy625 HB User
Question Embarassing gas

I have been having this problem, I would say, for about a year or so. I have to pass gas all day long, at home, at work, or wherever or else I would suffer from a horrible stomach ache. The gas is the foulest smelling gas I have ever experienced, and it is foul all of the time. I'm not sure what I should do. I don't generally have a problem with constipation or diahhrea, I do get some bloating. I should probably mention that there is a history of colitis (sp?) in my immediate family, mom and sister, and grandmother has IBS.

Anyone else have the same symptoms?? Could it be colitis, IBS, or maybe lactose intolerance?

Old 03-12-2008, 10:01 AM   #2
(male)

fred54 HB User
Re: Embarassing gas

Try some of over the counter aids in case it is lactose intolerance and if that doesn't do anything try some yogurt. It will either help or make it worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2008, 04:34 PM   #3
(male)

Johnjames68 HB User
Question Re: Embarassing gas

I have been taking those Lactaid pills, but over the last year they have been not as effective as they used to be. What can anyone tell me about that I can take that will work now??? Any advice with a link would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #4
(female)

VA_girl HB User
Re: Embarassing gas

It could be lactose intolerance or celiac, or maybe even lack of sleep or stress. It could also be that maybe you're too hungry when you eat? I used to wait until I was super super hungry before eating and I'd have a similar problem, but then when I ate right when I was average hungry, I stopped having the problem.

Closed Thread