It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pucca_chick HB User
Unhappy ouch

ive been having strange problems recently. im familiar with random stomach pains and bad bowel habits and have just come acept i have rubbish bowels and random pains, but they have been ok recently. latley its been my right side.

i often get sharp pains under my ribs, it goes around my side and up my back, it makes it hard to breathe in without pain. the pain is sore but i do not double over, it is bearable but very uncomfortable and i spend an age trying masage it away but it never works, it takes between half and hour or more to go away.it can be across my chest also and in my collar bone, like something sharp is stuck in it, i also feel i have heartburn sometimes. it often just comes on suddenly. i often get a strange throbbing senation in the left side just under my ribs, i think its my tomach, its rather painful it feels like its pulsating only its going to burst, i cud almost pin point the exact place it is so tense. it is sharp, like its twisting tightly but throbbing at the same time.

i have thought maybe it is just gas or bloating as i bloat easily, but i know what it feels like and this feels different.

i have noticed several nights i think im fine, then i go to bed and try to lie on my right side and pain just spreads, its very sharp and i cant lie on it, i try to perservear but cant, i tried masaging it but it only got wose, it was very tender and just spread around my side, it feels like pain nerves spreading through my ribs, only from something underneath it. but when i sit up its gone. other times it doesnt matter it just happens.

anyone any suggestions?? is this something everyone just gets?

xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
(male)

tom60 HB User
Re: ouch

is it possibly a bad gall bladder? I had mine out at 30 with pollyps not gall stones. I had this pain that radiated around my back since I was 18 but then I would feel better in the morning. It really bothered me at night and would wake me up many times. I didn't know how to explain it then, but then I became a nurse and I was having increasing difficulty keeping food down without pain.

Last edited by tom60; 03-15-2008 at 07:11 PM. Reason: I'm actually his wife.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:29 PM   #3
(male)

Collector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB User

I would also suggest that the gallbladder is a likely culprit.

I had pain in my right ribs and and later left ribs, at one point had to sleep flat on my back all night as it hurt no matter which direction I turned. I also later had the classic pain in the right shoulder and back.

Gallbladder problems can also produce diarrhea and abdominal noises.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pucca_chick HB User

thank guys for replying i really appreciate your help on this . see im more prone to constipation with the odd bit of diahhrea. but i am one for a noisey stomach, as soon as ive eaten food i can hear it, i hear it at night, in the morning, then in the most embarressing situations it starts, it not even a hungry sound at times, just weird noises. its embarressing, i once had someone lying on my stomach and they were amazed at the noises going on in there.

gallbladder is an idea,my mom had hers removed when i was little. its just everyone here says its worse than labour pains-mine isnt that bad thankfully so i dont know. it is very sore, it spread around my side and back, chest and up the top near my shoulder blades, for some reason i also had a horrible throbbing in my left lower back last knight(were the kidney is). i tried twic to lie on m right side but i cant, but on my left side i have no problems. then this mornng i lay on ymy right and was fine. im wondering, i drank alcohol before i went to sleep-would alcohol affect it? i started thinkin of my liver. the pain i hought was a trapped nerve or pulled muscles, but it sprad evrywhere i said.

what do ou think??

Old 03-16-2008, 07:48 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucca_chick View Post
what do ou think??
I think you need to get things checked out. My friend had liver counts that were not normal, her doctor insisted she have an MRI. She had about 10 gall stones and had to have them and the gall bladder removed. Wouldn't you know she also had cancer in the gall bladder too??? Luckily it was caught at stage 1 since the doctor insisted on the MRI and surgery. She is now cancer free. From what I understand, this cancer is very rare and if caught in a late stage, very hard to survive.

Please get to a doc asap.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:10 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

pucca_chick HB User

hey thanks. its just im only 20. ive seen a doc, i smoke so i thought it may be my lungs. its worth noting i have a lot of somatic problems(anxiety) but this is different. im not anxious going to bed, infact i love going to bed and being in bed. i actually dont get that worked up over physical health problems, a while back the cancer word was mentioned about my blood work(i have an ever decreasing white blood cell count), but all my other cells were fine so it didnt get taken any further.i jus dont seem to register those problems so im thinking it cant be me obbsessing if i dont panic about it exactly, id just like to understand and sort it out.

its just that pain is not like the rnadom twinges ive felt, it really was very exact. how do i get the doc to listen? most of the time im fine, it just comes up again though, and i think i need to sort it, but when its gone i dont worry about it and think im fine-until i go to bed.

how will they test things and what is the doc likley to say? i HATE the docs about physical stuff, im always there for depression etc, and with the somatic stuff ive mentioned a lot of stuff, it isnt made up though, i have been stuck in bed with somatic flu like symptoms and aches, so my docs head may be turned if i insist i have some problem here. im very uncertain when it comes to my insides, lots of things just randomly kick off, i just get on with it and have learnt to just sigh, i dont know if this is something again thatll just pass.im in srious danger of being lablled the surgury hypochondriac i think.

what happens at the docs anyway-i dont like physical stuff..

xx

Closed Thread