It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

BrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB User
Severe sudden right-sided pain

Hi everyone. I've never posted in this section of Healthboards before. I spend most of my time in the pain management department. But, I have a stomach question for you experts. I've been experiencing a right-sided pain in my abdomen that happens something like this: I'm just sitting around doing nothing and all of a sudden I will get this feeling like a dull ache in my gut, sort of around the area of my lowest rib on my right side. Very quickly it escalates to a horrible pain that moves up my abdomen toward my chest wall that makes me double over. Quite by accident the first time I experienced this pain I grabbed a glass of water and took a couple of big swallows. Then....the pain goes away. It does not happen more than once in a day and never on multiple days. It comes maybe once every couple of weeks now and the most peculiar part of it is the way a few drinks of water totally takes the pain away. Has anybody ever experienced anything like this? I feel absolutly silly going to a doctor to explain this because it sounds so trivial, but when it is happening to me it feels like I'm going to die!! Could it be gallstones? What kind of gut problem can be solved with a few drinks of water?? Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your responses. Memere (Kath'Mac)

Old 03-18-2008, 08:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User
Re: Severe sudden right-sided pain

I would see a dr. What do you have to lose? Never feel funny. There are so many things out there. It can be anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread