It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2008, 03:55 PM   #1
(male)

leave1 HB User
Please help diagnose my partners problem

Hi everyone, I've been reading through a few threads, but none have helped conclusively pinpoint my girlfriends stomach problem she seems to be having.

I'll try and list everything I can.

Her pain mainly comes from a feeling of gas in her belly. It causes her great pain, and makes her burp a lot. She says that the burps offer relief, but it never gets rid of the gas.

It seems to start quite randomly, with the biggest pangs of pain coming late at night just before bed.

We have tried changing her diet, and nothing has helped. She has even tried a day of nothing but water, yet the stomach pain and burping still occured.

Sometimes, this gets so bad that she dry retches. Last night she vomited pure red bile into the toilet. The retches also cause gigantic burps to come out. She's also experienced some flatulence.

We're doing her best to figure out what foods cause the most pain, but it just seems that whatever she eats causes this problem.

If it helps, she has had this before a few years ago, but it recently came back again after we both fell ill from drinking milk whilst on holiday in Spain.

I know that isn't much information, but I hope someone can give me an idea of how I can help her, it's horrible seeing her in so much pain.

To summarize, here are her symptoms:

*Gas
*Intestinal Pain
*Bloating
*Excessive Burping
*Flatulence
*Cramping that occurs on either side of the belly button

We've been to a doctor, and he has put her on on a few medications, which worked for a short while, but no longer do. Buscopan does not seem to help.

I hope someone can help, thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
(male)

leave1 HB User
Re: Please help diagnose my partners problem

My apologies for posting this twice, the page kept timing out when I was trying to submit the thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:23 AM   #3
(male)

leave1 HB User

Please, if anyone can help, she is still suffering very badly

Old 04-21-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
(female)

amberwalsch HB User

Hey there. Sorry to hear about your girlfriend's symptoms. Has she seen the doctor, have they performed any tests?

Old 04-21-2008, 07:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Gosh the next time she vomits the red bile take a sample of it to the emergency room or whatever system you use for care right now. Have her like vomit into a plastic bag or container. I can't imagine that they didn't do more testing as this sounds rather severe. Is she a drinker...if she is an alcoholic it is possible that these are erupting esophageal varicose veins but otherwise this can't be that hard to diagnose with red blood coming up. It could be a bleeding stomach ulcer or an ulcer somewhere along the digestive track. I would for go to a different doctor...unless there is something that you haven't said as far as what they have told her to do? She sounds like she would need to be in a hospital instead of home?

Closed Thread