It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
(female)

saint90ms HB User
Finally got my Ultrasound Results

Finally....I received my ultrasound results. I had one done 2 weeks ago and it showed "14mm structure within the gallbladder which may represent a polyp or cholesteroloma." Last week, my doctor sent me for another follow-up ultrasound at the hospital and the results are "multiple tail-like areas of shadowing in the wall of the gallbladder compatible with cholesterolosis of the gallbladder."

This report never mentioned a 14mm polyp, etc. What does this all mean and how come they are slightly different. Is it that that the first machine wasn't as powerful as the second machine that was used? Is this something that most people just leave alone and monitor throughout the years?? I'm thinking that a lot of people have this diagnosis. Is there anyone out there with something silimiar?

Old 03-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Finally got my Ultrasound Results

Most people have them out...the gb, that is. The polyps won't go away so if you are having pain and other problems, you might as well have it out. No point in letting it get diseased and infected.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2008, 11:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User
Re: Finally got my Ultrasound Results

I've had conflicting results with ultrasounds. Not the gallbladder. When I had that done it was full of stones and came out. Mine is with the pelvic ultrasounds. I had my ovary taken out in 1995 with adhesions. In 2006 I had another ultrasound. They told me both ovaries were the same size. I told them I only had one. They had the head of radiology read it and he agreed with the results. I just had another one done and now they tell me it is not an ovary but may be Adneymosis (can't spell it). Mine was done at the same place. I always try to get my tests done at the same place figuring the results will be the same. I sometimes think they have no clue. All these machines etc. I think it depends on the tech doing the test and the Dr. reading the results. Next time I have another test they will say it is something else. It is kind of scary when you think about it.

Closed Thread