It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #1
(male)

jack2794 HB User
stomach problems and pain

Hi, im new around here and really need your help.

on tuesday I went out with some friends and I ate the most unhealthy food around. I don't normally eat McDonalds but friends wanted to eat their and so i didnt make a fuss and agreed this was at lunch time, I had fries and chicken nugetts. Then we went back to my friends house were I ate pizza, crisps, ice cream and cake and lemonade (this was my evening meal) Anyway then, I got home andan hour after getting home I got stomach pains and I just thought oh well perhaps I ate too much - they will go away. Its now thursday night and they have not gone away. The pain is just below the rib cage and around the tummy button area. I have had diarrhea about once or twice a day, I feel better today than yesterday but I have still had the diarrhea. Do you think the pain and diarrhea is because of the unhelathy, fatty foods I ate on tuesday or something else, also my appetite has greatly decreased.
Thank you for your help in anticipation,

Jack

Old 03-27-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User
Re: stomach problems and pain

If you don't usually eat such greasy/fatty food then I think it's definitely likely that its the cause of your discomfort. If it is, then waiting it out and eating healthy foods is about all you can do.. that and take ant-acid meds and such! Try drinking a lot of water to help flush your system out. Water will help re-hydrate you as well..(diarrhea causes dehydration)

Your appetite probably decreased b/c you're not feeling that great (b/c of the unhealthy food) and maybe you're all afraid that something you eat will worsen your symptoms.

If it was food poisoning you'd be in the bathroom frequently switching back and forth between diarrhea and vomiting or on your way to the doctor/hospital if it was severe.

I think that the overload of grease/fat was a shock to your system. Give it another day or two and hopefully things will be back to normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
(male)

jack2794 HB User
Re: stomach problems and pain

thank you, I think your probably right as I hardly ever go to fast food outlets.

Last edited by jack2794; 03-27-2008 at 01:44 PM.

Closed Thread