It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User
Woke Up in Bad Pain

Hi guys,

I was around this board a lot last year. I went through lots of tests to determine the cause of stomach pain occuring in the below my ribcage in the center. I had a normal upper endoscopy, barium swallow, ultrasound, Hida Scan (although I did get a bit nauseous and tender when they gave me the meds - but - I am only 110 pounds and the dosage was what the doc said for a larger person).

I never got to follow up with the surgeon after the endoscopy. I went through a charitable org that helps the uninsured and after so many months your membership expires. I couldn't find a way to get there.

The pain wasn't nearly as bad for a long long time. In fact I barely noticed anything until last week. I woke up last night with sharp burning pain in that same place as before. I did this before last year. Now I'm getting worried again.

I started excersicing again two weeks ago - ab workouts and such. I got choked up on something last week (water went down the wrong way) and when I gagged it hurt between my ribcage there. Almost like a hernia. Could this be chalked up to some sort of muscle problem with all the normal tests? What do you guys think I should do or what could this be?

Thanks so much,

Worried Mama of 3

Closed Thread