It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
What can it be?

I have had diarreoh (spelt wrong) for almost a week. I sent a stool sample off to my local hospital which came back fine, nothing wrong with it. So why am i getting this?

It is mainly when i wake in the morning, i wake up with tummy ache, and have to go to almost straight away, then again about half hour later. The tummy ache is horrible. I seem to be able to get through the day without any more bowel movements, until next morning again.

ITs not a normal bowel movement, its either just like proper Diarreoh, or a very loose stool.

My tummy is gurgling really loudly too, and im burping and breaking wind a lot also.

My question is , if there is no bacteria showing in my stools, and no blood either, what can it be? can it be a virus for it not to show anything up in examination? IT goes on too long.

Last Nov i had 3 weeks of much worse than this, but this type of thing, but i was diagnosed with campylobacter bug, (food poisoning) Do you guys think it may not have got properly out of my system? OR maybe my bowel is now super sensitive. HELP !!

Old 03-30-2008, 01:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: What can it be?

still having problems..

Its been over a week now, yesterday i didnt have diarroreah at all, this morning i was woken with bad wind pains in my stomach, i dont feel like i need to go to the toilet though. But there is a lot of avtivity going on inside my stomach, its sounds like a war zone.

What can it be?? Can anyone help? Could it be irritable bowel?

Im sort of thinking i wrecked my digestive system by liquid dieting for about 6 mths last year to lose 4 stone. Since then my tummy has been sensitive, but dont want to blame it on that really. I suppose i should go back to the Doc again...any suggestions would be gratefully received...thanks

Last edited by Worrybucket; 03-30-2008 at 01:15 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2008, 10:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

I think your intestinal bacteria is out of balance and needs to be re-balanced.
Eating yogurt & kefir and taking probiotic supplements may help.
Also -- a fibre water soluble supplement like psyllium seed husk will slow your BMs down and bulk up our stool.

I wish you well---Harry

Last edited by Harry; 03-30-2008 at 10:17 PM.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Harry
I will go off and buy some of these supplements you have suggested. I will try anything, as im still suffering this morning again.

It just takes so long to get back to normal again.

Why did my stool come back normal? when I'm suffering so much? i dont get that.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

There are many things about digestion we just don't understand. And, we are all so very different in our responces??

I have found that a person's BMs and gastro system can get out of balance with the type food we eat and drink. There are over 400 different bacteria strains at work doing their job in the intestines and it is a delicate balance that is in constant WARFEAR that can be unbalanced by too much sweets, salt, spices, medication,and different kinds of stimuli.
When the bacteria strains get out of balance, it can be OK if you eat properly for several days or meals -- then a sensitive person can easily get out of sorts or balance with just 1 meal or an event in life. But, you know there is something wrong-- because your abdomen just feels uncomfortable whereas normally it should feel nothing.
And, we are all so different because of many things we do-- including stress as well food intake. We may all have triigger foods that we have not identified-- yet -- they can upset your GI system.

Last edited by Harry; 03-31-2008 at 06:50 AM.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

I have had a bad day

Not wanted to eat anything as ive had 4 bouts of diarreoh today, one was picking my kid up from school and had to rush into the school bathroom.

I feel and look awful, im pale and i had cramps although not horrendous. I feel quite nauseaous but not enough to vomit.

Tonight im going to see a gastro, im paying a bit for it, but i cant go on like this , its stupid, seems like ive had it for ages again.

First the campy in Nov, then free from it through the new year, now it feels like i have it again. Im wondering if i could be harbouring the germ or it just didnt really go properly. All i know is i feel YUK.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:17 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ok update...

Saw a gastroententerologists tonight. Explained my symptoms, and he thinks its one of 2 things, either post inflammation caused by the campylobacter in November, or... Colitis !! I have to have a colonoscopy , which im dreading, more the result than the procedure.

They want to take bloods and do this test and then he said he could tell better from there.

Its really annoying to think a darn bout of bad food poisoning could cause something that i may have to take meds for, for the rest of my life.

Im wondering also if it had something to do with a liquid only diet i went on last year where i lost 4 stones and i had no solid food for 100 days.

Im worried i hope its not anything deadly

Old 04-04-2008, 12:30 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

"""" BUMP"""

Any help please?

Old 04-09-2008, 02:47 AM   #9
(male)

652 HB User

Hang in there, worrybucket. I have the same exact symptoms and am searching unsuccessfully. I think my diet might have something to do with it. Can you tell me in more detail about your symptoms and when they've hapenned and for how long?

Old 04-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

This bout has lasted over 2 weeks but i am feeling a little better this last 2 days, no diarrireah gurgling has calmed down in my tummy.

Maybe it was a bug, i work at an ER dept at the hospital, and could have picked something up.

im still going ahead with my colonoscopy at the end of the month.

Im still convinced my stomach has been damaged from the campylobacter bug i had in oct 07, but i dunno really, what have you been suffering from?

Old 04-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

worrybucket I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling good.....
my pug Junior had colitis and he was helped greatly by eating yogurt every day for lunch. If I was out of yogurt or he missed his yogurt for a day or 2 I could really tell the difference. He used to eat stoneyfield farms french vanilla, but now they have some new stuff out with pro-biotics. I think it's called activa? you might want to try that.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #12
(male)

652 HB User

I have horrible bloating and some regurg of food/liquid. It comes and goes in severity. When it's bad, I can hardly eat anything! I've lost some weight and my lower back also hurts when the symptoms are bad. I don't know what triggers it except I know I can't eat a lot at night or it will be bad news for a few days. My lower left stomach also hurts/pressure. Good luck. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rose, I eat acvtiva a lot im not sure if its helping or not.

652 thanks for your reply, ive had a couple of good days re stomach upset, but tonight i have bad wind pains and gurgling, ive just eaten some fish and veg nothing too rich. It feels not right again. Im fed up with this c*** I suppose i should just get on with the colonoscopy and see what the heck is going on.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Another update !!

I had about two or three weeks of feeling fine in the stomach department.

LAst night i went out for supper, had a pizza and one beer, woke up at 1,30am this morning with bad pains in my tummy and two bouts of diarroreah. Today ive felt tired, and a bit nauseaus and my tummy has felt upset. So its back again. I just cant think whats causing it. I didnt have the colonoscopy as things seemed to be much better, now im thinking i really will have it done next week, just to see whats going on.

As i said before i work in ER and just worked a full week there, and im wondering if im picking up a bug when i work, although last two stool samples have come back normal, but im getting this diarroreah and windy pains, so what CAN it be????????????
Any ideas anyone please??

Old 05-05-2008, 03:07 AM   #15
(male)

652 HB User

Sounds like it could be a number of things. Are you on any meds currently? You definitely should just have the colonoscope done. It's not bad at all. Prep for it sucked a little though.(No solid eating the day before and you have to drink a TON of this liquid that cleans you out!) But still not that bad...
Good Luck

Closed Thread