It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2008, 10:25 PM   #1
(female)

tiff841 HB User
Question Post Gulblatter Surgery

I had my gulblatter removed 4 days ago,I got out the hospital yesturday- Everyone I know who had this surgery says it's no big deal and they were back to work the next day.Well, what is wrong with me then cause everytime I stand up I get a world of pressure,it's hurts to take a deep breath,I can'i lift my baby in his carseat,and the worst is I can't sleep!I can only lay on my back-this sucks!The doctor told me to take tylenol during the day,then vicodin at night to help me sleep. OMG- I'm screaming for the morphein back!!!Can anyone relate to this?I feel like I'm a person that is good with pain and this is really hard to handle, especially when noone relates to what I'm going thru.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2008, 11:54 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User
Re: Post Gulblatter Surgery

Did you have laparoscopy or did they have to do a large incision? Why were you in the hospital so long?

I was to leave the same day but got some horrible pain just on check out so stayed the night. I did OK and was working on day 4, although I own my own business so it was light work. As far as the incision, etc I was fine. I did have some constipation and stomach cramping for weeks/months after... not sure if it is related to the GB or if it's something else. Still, as far as surgery went I felt pretty well afterwards. Not any worse than before going in other than a little sore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2008, 06:12 AM   #3
(female)

Madalot HB User

I had my gallbladder out at the beginning of February and believe me, I can relate to what you're saying. I have other health issues (Muscular Dystrophy) which contributed, but I was extremely sore for quite a while. About 10 days post surgery, I came down with the flu and was so sick it wasn't even funny.

Don't let it upset you -- everyone has different reactions to this type of thing. As long as you're moving around as much as you can, just give yourself time to heal.

As the Previous Poster said too, if they had to do a major incision rather than laparoscopy, that could have a lot do with this as well.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:14 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

What are you doing trying to lift that baby in its carseat? You should not be lifting anything over about 5 pounds for several weeks. I work out and jog a lot but I did not go back to the gym for 3 weeks. I jogged a week after having mine out but that's not the same as lifting. And yes, you are going to be sore for a while.

And I don't understand all these people who said they had to lay on their backs. I couldn't straighten out enough to do that! I slept on my side curled up in the fetal position.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:27 PM   #5
(female)

tiff841 HB User

i had the laporoscopy done but i was admitted because one of the stones got logged in my intestinal tube, so actsually i had 2 surgerys, cuz when they took out my gulblatter they ran an iodine test to see if it had passed and it was still there so i stayed in the hospital and 2 days after that they put me in a twilight sleep and went done my throat with something and had to cut the opening bigger between my liver and intestinal tube to pull out the stone.Maybe this is why im so sore but the main source of pain are my insicions for the laporoscopy surgery.
Also here is another weird thing about it-
my liver count came down to normal after they took out my gulblatter, but after they did the second surgery to remove the stuck gulstone-the next morning my liver count was high again, so im kinda thinking maybe they messed something up while they were down there, cuz ill tell ya im really sore in my chest area.thanks for your response.

Closed Thread