It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
(female)

londoner70 HB User
Need help with meds suffering from gastritis/GERD...

Hi, I will try to keep this short, I am a 38year old female who is feeling desperate and depressed, and looking for some answers. I was diagnised with upper endoscopy of mild gastritis Sep07, and was H.Pylori +ve. I had the antibiotics and was put on prevacid, for 4 weeks I was fine, and then the burning in the stomach started again, so I had to come off the prevacid(Lanzaprazole 30mg aday) for 2 weeks and then do a breath test for H.pylori, which was negative.
The GI this time pesrcribed Nexium 40mg, and said in 3 days you should be better, well a week was gone and was no better, and he said to come off this you need another upper endoscopy(gasteroscopy). but he fell and broke his leg so could't have the endoscopy for another month.It was finally last month and this time, he said I have gastritis, Duoedenitis with mild erosions.and they took some samples for histology.

I saw him a week after the procedure, by this time, I am in a lot of pain, stomach burnung, constantly burping, and can feel inside the stomach is sore.
He has now perscribed 40mg Pantoparazole(protonix), and Carafate 4 tablets a day. (he says perhaps bile reflux)

I need advice and help please, I am on day 3 and have seen no difference, I actually think with nexium I had less stomach burning, but more phlegm in the throat. The reason he changed from Nexium was because I got headaches on it, but I am also getting headaches on protonix also very bloated.
I need your advice, is Nexium better, stronger, and more effective. Should I try Nexium with carafate? Will I ever get better? The results of histology showed no H.pylori, or anything else, so what next.
Anyone else been through this?
I need your help please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread