It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
I'm really scared

Hi,

I have to go for an endoscopy next week, im terrified, not so much about the procedure more about the result .

I had a camplyobacter infection in my stomach in Nov 07, it went on for 3 weeks, and in the end i dehydrated and had to be hospitalised for rehydration.

I did a stool test after it sorta got better and that came back clear.

Last week about 8 days ago i started with the diarroeah again. I wake up with tummy ache in lower part of my stomach, and pretty much straight away i need to go to the bathroom, usually twice in a short space.

The Doctor told me to totally starve for almost 48 hours, just water and rehydrating liquids (dioralyte) of which ive done. I woke this morning with no tummy ache and no diarroreah. So cautiosly i had 2 peices of plain toast and a dry biscuit, ive also had a cup of tea. So far my tummy is ok but the gurgling and wind noises have started.

The question i wanted to ask is... does anyone have any ideas what this might be? I asked my Doc straight out today if she thought it could be cancer and she said it doesnt show any signs of it being cancer, but obviously we have to do the colonoscopy to be 100% sure.

I'm so scared I have colon cancer, please advice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2008, 06:42 AM   #2
(female)

Cat Az HB User
Re: I'm really scared

Try not to make yourself sick worrying or second guessing what's going on. It could be something you ate, something viral. Usually it is not colon cancer. Don't think of the worst possible scenerio. Think only positive until you know the answer. Please keep us posted as to what you found.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2008, 02:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Re: I'm really scared

wow this is an old post!!

I had endocscopy , my bowel was perfectly ok, just some post infection spots from the camplyobactor infection last year.

It seems to have settled again now, so hopefully if i take care of my diet it will continue.

Closed Thread