It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

cookiemunster65 HB User
Question any advice?

i'm a 21 year old female. about 4 months ago, i started having what felt like "morning sickness." long story short, 2 blood tests, voided out pregnancy. the feeling continued. it felt like nausea AND heartburn. (or the heartburn just hurt so bad i wanted to throw up.) that lasted for 2 months strait, every day, morning until dinner time. i literally ate nothing but a few animal crackers during the day. dinners were normal because i felt fine by then. from the moment i woke up, until the time dinner was ready. (i couldnt even decide what i wanted for dinner, so my husband had to do everything, then by the time it was made and ready, i was fine and could eat it.) other then that, my appetite was gone during the day.

then one day, it stopped. now, 2 months later, the feeling is back. it's been going on for about a week now. no matter what i eat, bland or spicey, no matter how many tums or gallons of milk i drink, it doesnt go away, until "it decides to."

i do have a history of irregular menstral cycles for the past 6 months now. this is the only other medical thing going on right now. everything else with me is as normal as normal can be.

like i said, this new bout of nausea/heartburn has been going on for about a week, and today, was the worst its EVER felt, i couldn't sleep at all last night because i couldnt find anyway to get comfortable, and on my way to work, i almost had to pull over to the side of the road because i felt like i was going to vomit.

does any body have any ideas to help with the heartburn/nausea? or have any idea what it could be? my doctor said to try pepcid, but the taste of it makes me want to throw up even more, and it doesn't do any more then tums do. i'm begining to think my doctor is an idiot... any suggestions on my next steps would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2008, 06:15 AM   #2
(female)

sciencelady HB User
Re: any advise?

I've had the same thing since Aug. 07. I've been through nearly every upper and lower GI test in the book. My 48 hr. pH test showed acid reflux. Since Xmas, I've been on 4 different PPI's. Couldn't take Nexium and Prevacid because of side effects. Aciphex and Zegerid don't give me side effects but they aren't helping either. About 1 day a week, I feel almost normal - my appetite comes back, nausea subsides, no burping or heartburn. The rest of the days, I feel pretty awful and no amount of anything seems to help. I always feel worse in the morning (just like morning sickness) and then a bit better by the evening. Sometimes I can't sleep so I take some Benedryl (which helps). I make myself eat so I don't lose weight, I'm pretty small already. I never throw up, just have constant nausea. I go back to the GI doctor tomorrow. Hope you find a solution faster that I have. I have resolved my self to get to the bottom of this though.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:41 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

cookiemunster65 HB User
Re: any advice?

my mom said something to me about gall bladder diesase? anyone know anything about that? she said my grandmother used to get gallstones, until she had hers removed. is it hereditary? she seems to think i'm showing the same symptoms, but i don't know much about it.

i have the constant feeling of being full, and passing of gas (from both ends) which then makes me feel better for a few minutes and goes right back to feeling sick. i mean, is it possible i just have "air pockets" that have to move out of my system and that's whats making me feel ill?

Closed Thread