It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
(female)

zigster6 HB User
Unhappy Upper stomach sticks out

I don't know if this is the right place to post this (I just registered today and this is my first post), but here we go:

I am 19 years old, and for almost a month now I've been extremely gaseous and have been having IBS-like symptoms. I started getting really bloated after meals, so I started taking gas-x about a week ago. It helped a lot and things were better until I looked at my stomach in the mirror and I noticed that my upper abdomen (above the belly button, bellow the breast) was sticking out fairly noticeably. It's like that all the time now, even when I first wake up. I can suck in my stomach or tighten my muscles and it will go away, but its still there. I have no idea what it could be and it's freaking me out. It is somewhat tender to the touch, like I can press it, but I feel pressure. It's generally bulging right in the middle. When I lay on my stomach or my back at night, I can feel an uncomfortable pulsation.

I have also been trying to eat a lot less and I've been under an enormous amount of stress (probably the most I've ever experienced in my life).

I have an appointment with a gastro dr. next week, but I'd like to know what is going on before then!

PS. Also this may be completely unrelated, but I've been experiencing sharp pains on my lower left side near the pelvic region for about a day now. :/

Old 04-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Upper stomach sticks out

Have your doctor check the gallbladder. The bloating and gas sounds like that to me. I had my gallbladder removed a few days ago. I can certainly identify with the stomach sticking out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

monkey5 HB User

Hey there,maybe talk to the Gi dr. about possible Gastritis or something similiar! I had alot of the same things you are experiencing and it's relativiely simple it's just the getting through it part! I always felt like i was dying really and lost lots of weight. Are you? I started with the fullness feeling and terrible nauseau never wanted to eat becasuse it made me feel more bloated so i think thats where the weight loss play a part then i started having diahrea, mucus bloody mucus ect.
Let me know how you make out!
Love, Monkey

Old 04-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #4
(female)

zigster6 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey5 View Post
Hey there,maybe talk to the Gi dr. about possible Gastritis or something similiar! I had alot of the same things you are experiencing and it's relativiely simple it's just the getting through it part! I always felt like i was dying really and lost lots of weight. Are you? I started with the fullness feeling and terrible nauseau never wanted to eat becasuse it made me feel more bloated so i think thats where the weight loss play a part then i started having diahrea, mucus bloody mucus ect.
Let me know how you make out!
Love, Monkey
I went to the doctor the other week (gastro doctor) and I had to give blood and a stool sample. I haven't found out the results for that yet, but when i asked about the upper abdominal distention, he said that was normal because the colon *blah blah blah* (I really can't remember how he explained it) but he acted like it was expected because of all of my other symptoms. He said he thinks its IBS, but that can't be concluded until I get my results.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

monkey5 HB User

zigster, i feel your frusturation at my last GI Dr.s visit he said it was possibly gastritis and it's ran it's course but hmm i am still having issues he just said he would be worrying if i was having diahreah, well some days it is it just back and forth and they said i didn't need to come back for further eval but i had already had an appt. scheduled and will be going because if it isn't or wasn't or results are gastirits then fine give me some relief and if it's it's IBS then give me some relief! Try not to stress i know it can't help! And easier said then done because it's a problem that you just can't ignore. Take a deep breathe and see what the results show and let me know! As far as the upper stomach fullness i don't understand that because you would think it would effect the lower part, not sure though but i have that as well and it's a pain also.
Love, Monkey

Old 04-24-2008, 10:06 AM   #6
(female)

zigster6 HB User

Well I got my results. Everything was negative! I just wish I knew exactly whey my upper abdomen is distended. :/

Closed Thread