It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
(female)

rmv1983 HB User
Weight Loss and Fatty Food

Perhaps a silly question, but I was wondering if anyone lost alot of weight in the months following their GB surgery? I have lost about 40 pounds in the six months after, and two months prior to my GB surgery. I can't say I'm not happy about this, I was very heavy, and while still heavy, I feel much better about myself. I have much healthier eating habits than I used to, my stomach cannot handle large amounts of fat, and I stay away from soda.

I also have a question about fatty foods. When were you able to start eating fatty foods again? Things I used to love, make me feel ill even looking at them now. I refuse to eat fast food, or candy that is high in fat. It makes me throw up still. I can eat some things with 6 or 7 grams of fat in them now, but anything higher than that I do not attempt. Going out to eat is a challenge as well, 3/4 of the menu is off limits before I even look

Old 04-09-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User
Re: Weight Loss and Fatty Food

I lost 25lbs in one month following surgery. I continued to lose and I'm at about 40lbs total weight loss. I'm 5 months post op but the weight loss seems to have slowed. I think it's fairly normal for one to lose weight after surgery.

I watch my fat intake some. I've never had diarrhea due to fatty foods, but I do cramp. Obviously cutting back on your fat intake will cause weight loss, but when it's dramatic it can be scary! Since mine has slowed I'm not too worried about it anymore.

I had a rough few months following surgery as far as pain, but fingers crossed I seem to be doing better. Of course I have moments still, of mind numbing pain, but it's less often as time goes on. I'm hoping it was all GB related and I'm past the worst part.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread