It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
(female)

pretypiper HB User
Symptoms...doctors not sure what is wrong

Symptoms
- bad pain between upper point of the rid cage where stomach is located
- little to no apetite
- constipation
- light-headed/dizzy
- fatigued
- nausea
- bloating
- sensitive to cool air sometimes
- sensitive to touch stomach area (between upper point of rib cage)
-sometimes I feel like I can't breathe
- Burps a lot
- takes hours on end to digest a small amount of food like chicken noodle soup
- REALLY hard to digest meats (pain gets worse & nausea)
*I can't really list everything that I can't eat that I would like to eat.

Over the past 2-3 I have had real digetive problems. I went to my family physican did a few tests. He tested my blood sugar and thyroid. Both turned out fine 2-3 years ago. The family physican thought I had stomach ulcers so he sent me to a General & Laparoscopic Surgeron to see if she could confirm it. She put me through a stomach scope, gallbladder ultrasound, and a HIDA scan. The stomach scope said I had a hiatal hernia, and gastritis. The percent my gallbladder was running 2 years ago was 82%. About a month ago she put me through another HIDA scan and the Gallbaldder was running at 70%. All of a sudden she wants to take the gallbladder out when most doctors say it needs to be 35% or less to take it out. I have recent gone to another doctor's office for a second opinion who specializes in Gastrointestinal he is going to be doing another scope from the Esphagus to the small bowel and everything inbetween. He stated he wasn't real sure. After this scope is run he was thinking about sending me to get another test to check on the how the stomach contracts the food. Does anyone know how they would fix that problem? Anyone have any suggestions on what could be wrong based on the symptoms? I just want the testing to end and just fix the problem quickly! It has gone way to long!

No one can pinpoint what is wrong with me and it is getting extremely frustrating! My husband and family is frustrated with me not being able to eat what seems like anything!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kw123 HB User
Re: Symptoms...doctors not sure what is wrong

I had similar symptoms with gastritis and Dr. biopsied the gastrtis area and I had h. pylori. Were you tested for this? It really messed me up. Let me know. You can have a breath test and blood test to determine h. pylori. I did it the hard way with endoscopy and colonoscopy. Good luck.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
(female)

WarGerbil HB User

Before I finished reading that I thought it sounded like me -- which my doctor thinks is from gastritis. I'm on a proton pump inhibitor in the morning, probiotics, fiber, and an acid reducer at night. It seems to be helping at least take the edge off the pain. I had an upper gi and small bowel follow through today, and if the meds aren't helping enough in 6 wks then endoscopy is next.

Ask your doctor if you can try acid reducers for a while. My doctor explained that with the stomach inflamed, the acid just keeps burning it causing the pain. Less acid allows it to heal.

Can't comment on the dietary part of it though because I eat a vegan diet. Overall plant matter tends to be easier to digest than animal matter.

Last edited by WarGerbil; 04-25-2008 at 08:49 PM.

Old 04-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #4
(female)

pretypiper HB User

They did some blood work a week ago but it only tested to see if the pancreas, kidneys, thyroid and blood count was ok. Everything turned out to be ok. He did suggest that it could be the H pylori bacteria but has not checked it yet.

Closed Thread