It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
(female)

ihearthockey HB User
New and frustrated...

Hello, I'm new to this forum, I'm 32 and female. I have quite a few stomach issues that, of course, no Doctor seems to be able to help me. Several years ago it started, I would get a REALLY sharp pain in my middle upper stomach, right at my bra line. It almost feels like a sharp spasm. It happened every year, but just once a year. When it happened I would have to go to the ER and they would give me a GI cocktail, then I would be fine. Well, after a few years, it started coming every few months, then every month, and now every few days. My Doctor gave me a prescription for a GI cocktail, but sometimes it doesnt even help. I've had an endoscopy done, and they told me I had a slight hiatal hernia and very small gallstones. I also have Acid Reflux disease and take Prilosec daily. Every time I go to the ER they tell me that its GERD, and that my pain doesn't coinside with the hernia or the gallbladder. I noticed that I absolutely cannot eat tomatoes. When I eat something to trigger it, it doesn't start hurting until the next day. I'm fine after eating. I am completely at my wits end! I've stopped eating fried foods several months ago, stopped drinking soda, and I still get this pain. I've now slept sitting up for the past month or so. I also get the pain under my ribcage and was told I had pleurisy several times. I just don't know what to do, what to eat, what not to eat. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sorry this post is so long!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2008, 05:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Re: New and frustrated...

Hey there that sounds like the pain l try to describe ! mine was only occasionally then got more often its so hard to describe the pain its sharp and quick and feels like you have pulled something real bad. Whats a Gi cocktail? Do you notice this more when your period is due? Just curious cos l do. When l first mentioned it to doc (stomach issues) l was treated for h pylori. And started taking manuka honey stopped anythign greasy not that l ate much grease before then but basically watched what l ate and it wasnt too bad... right now l have it l hate it . I also have other health issues right now and l am been looked at for fibromyalgia/costochondritis as l have lots of other body issues goign on too other than my stomach which has been non stop these last few months but thats another long story lol. I did the probiotic drinks but they made me worse!! Havnt tried the pills though. Let us know how you get on! Good luck

Old 04-28-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
(female)

helpinghand1 HB User

I have had this for 4 months now... try buying 1000mg of orange peel extract and take one every other day for 20 days (10 pills total). I saw a major difference after 10 days, and all you have to do is deal with the orange burps. I actually had a half a slice of pizza and a hot dog with no issues. Hope it helps...

Old 04-29-2008, 08:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I thought citrus food drinks would be a no no? how does that work?

Old 04-29-2008, 10:19 PM   #5
(female)

ihearthockey HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by meszuba View Post
I know exactly what you are going through. PLEASE go to the drugstore and buy PROBIOTICS. they are in the vitamin section. It says take 1 per day, but that didn't work for me. I take 2 every morning with all my other vitamins, and my stomach is good! By the way, I'm on a prescription for acid reflux. The probiotics enhances it. i feel so good now.
Hi, I went to my drugstore (CVS) and the only thing I could find was their brand, and its called Probiotic Acidophilus.. I didn't get it, I wanted to make sure it was the right kind...?

Old 04-30-2008, 04:24 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ps l seen something on tv that says something like they must contain at least 10 million whatever it is that helps to have any effect! Just thought l would tell ya good luck

Closed Thread