It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2008, 05:42 AM   #1
(male)

Interesting Ian HB User
Red liquid in vomit

I had 7 pints of lager last night and vomited afterwards. In my first heave there was this bright red liquid, but it wasn't really mixed up with the other liquid very much. In subsequent heaves the red liquid was absent -- just mainly lager.

Now I did have a pint of V8 juice on Thursday and another pint of V8 Juice on Friday. It's basically tomato juice and bright red and thick. So that's the obvious candidate. But when I vomited it must have been about 30 hours since my last pint of V8.

On the other hand I vomited again this morning just to see if there was any more red liquid. There wasn't. I just vomited up the baked beans I had yesterday about 17 hours beforehand.

So I know that I can bring up food 17 hours after consuming, but is it plausible it could be as long as 30 hours?

Otherwise it must be blood and that concerns me greatly. Anyway I'm visiting my doctor tomorrow and I'll mention it to him. I just wonder what you people think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2008, 01:25 PM   #2
(male)

Interesting Ian HB User
Re: Red liquid in vomit

No one any idea?

BTW I've heard that food only remains in the stomach about 6 - 8 hours. So does that suggest that there's something wrong with me seeing as I'm able to vomit up food consumed 17 hours earlier?

Because of a back problem, for the past 8 weeks I've stopped exercising and I've reduced my calorie consumption to 1500 cals a day at the most. I guess I normally have about 3000 calories a day. My bowel movements have become much less frequent -- down to about once every 3 days where as before I was going most days. Might this have something to do with the slow digestion process? Or might it be something serious?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread