It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
(male)

1965_Bruce HB User
Bad Food or Stomach Virus?

Can someone help settle this dispute. How do you know if you were sickened by bad food, or just have a stomach Virus? What is the difference? And, if it is bad food, how soon after eating it would symptoms show up? Is 12 hours too long? Also, if 2 people eat the same food that had any bad bacteria etc is it possible for only one of them to get sick?

My mom swears that her dinner was fine and she's not sick. I am. The reason I suspect something in the meal - possibly the supermarket-made coleslaw, is that was the last thing I ate. The next morning I didn't feel good. It started as diarrhea and I didn't eat much all day because I was afraid I'd throw up. I had this absolutely god-awful taste in my mouth all day. Later in the evening, this is now approaching 24 hours after that meal, my stomach started feeling really bloated and stuffed like I would have eaten a huge 10 course meal, and later I had 2 episodes of vomiting. I had 2 episodes of vomiting and diahrrea until I was must have been completely totally empty - diarrhea was clear and the vomit was very light. After that it all stopped and I could sleep. Now I feel better.

Does this sound like something in the food, or some kind of virus? the last time this happened more than a year ago and I went to a Dr all they want to do is treat the symptom and move on but I'm trying to wrap my head around what caused this. If its the food I'd go have a word with that supermarket!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread