It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
(male)

Ivoryz00 HB User
Post Gallbaldder Surgery complications

I recently had my gallbladder removed back in March 2008, and the surgery was successful. The recovery was a little rough in the beginning but I eventually got better. I've gained back all the weight that I lost after the surgery. I've noticed a few times since the surgery I've had bouts of nausea, diaherra, and poor appetite. The past couple of weeks have been extremely hard. About 2 weeks ago I noticed a pain in my upper abdomen that is exactly where my gallbladder was after I finished exercising, I had a post protein shake afterwards. Well, this past weekend it happened again, and so did the other symptoms of nausea, etc. Is it possible that I may still be having gallstones after surgery? If so, what treatment is there for it?

Old 05-27-2008, 05:37 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Post Gallbaldder Surgery complications

It's possible a stone was left behind in the duct. Since you had the shake, I am assuming you have not been eating fat free? When did you put fat back into your diet? That may be the problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2008, 06:50 PM   #3
(male)

Ivoryz00 HB User

Thanks for the reply.

I think I started eating fats probably a month and a half after surgery, which was probably way too soon.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:15 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

That's about when you should have started introducing them but not full time. Have you tried going back to non fat and seeing if that helps?

Old 05-28-2008, 06:24 AM   #5
(male)

Ivoryz00 HB User

I just started eating low fat meals again.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #6
(female)

jogenth HB User
Question Re: Post Gallbaldder Surgery complications with Biliary dyskinisia

Hi--my son (almost 11) just has his gallbladder out on 6/3/08--his symptoms pre-op were chronic nausea and occasional right side abdominal pain and a weight loss of 20 lbs--he had a GB function of 31.5% and it was decided that he should have his GB removed due to a diagnosis of biliary dyskinisia--I have a brother who had his out at 19 and I had mine out at 41--generally not a good history for them in my family. The problem is that he began complaining about being nauseous again yesterday--I am worried that this didn't fix the problem but I am trying to be rational and think we just need to give it time--anyone have this diagnosis with similar post-op symptoms and if or when the original symptoms went away--or tips as to how to help him. Thanks!

Last edited by jogenth; 06-13-2008 at 02:38 PM. Reason: to add icon

Closed Thread