It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2008, 02:14 AM   #1
(female)

help wanted :( HB User
undiagnosed stomach isssues

hey everyone, im looking for some answers as my doctors just fobbed me off with IBS.
basically my digestion is not rite... i have a REALLY noisey stomach... when i get hungry, when i eat meals, alsways when i lay down... if i do a sudden movement such as bend over or do a sit up.
i also get hungry every couple of hours... especially in the evening/night.
the noise comes from eveywhere in my digestive system.
i get a lot of gas aswell, again particularly in the evening, and the gas gives me more noises which i can feel. i also after eating my evening meal, feel like i need to the toilet but sometimes just pass dark mucus or tiny amounts of stool.
also get really bloated after eating. and suffer from chronic fatigue, post nasal drip, anxiety, dizzyness, sensitivty to hot and cold, what seems to be poor circulation and i get out of breath just walkign up the stairs. the doctors dont seem to want to inverstigate whats wrong.

im not aneamic, my ferretin is fine, but since i haveaneamia symtoms im considering the fact i may have b12 dificieny or pernicious anemia.
also considering candida.
im not lactose intolerant or ceoliac and i had an initial thyroid ytest and that was fine.

does anyone have any ideas? i really need help... any thoughts would be appeciated...
someone suggested my digestion mite be too fast... does anyone no anything abut this?

sorry for the long post, and thankyou.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2008, 07:41 AM   #2
(female)

5678sar HB User
Re: undiagnosed stomach isssues

Hiya! i have nearly the exact same problem, i get stomach noises, bloating, burping - even when i don't eat. The only way i can describe it is it is like i am TOO hungry to eat. I know that doesn't make sense but i feel extreme hunger at the same time as feeling full/bloated and sick. I get year round post nasal drip which i am convinced is due to my stomach problems as otherwise i am healthy but like you the doc just said it is IBS - drink peppermint tea!!! He really just didn't understand.The only symptom that you have that i don't get is the mucus/stool after eating.

I have been to the docs and had loads of test, the only one i havent had is thyroid checks but i am starting to feel like i am pestering my doctor.

I don't have an answer for you, i just wanted you to know that you are not alone, if i find my answer i will let you know.

Oh, one question - do you get fizzing/aches in your legs??

Old 06-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
(female)

hey...
i know what you feel like, my doctor just keeps dismissing everything i say but i have to keep pushing for more tests, because this is ruining my life and career.
have you been tested for candida? or had an endoscopy or anything? what have you ruled out?

i do sometimes get alsmost ahcey legs, more like tired and stiff... and if i sit cross legged or anything for even a little bit my circulation seems to stop working and i get pins and needles and go purple.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #4
(female)

5678sar HB User
Smile Re: undiagnosed stomach isssues

well i have ruled out
celiac disease due to negative blood test. i gave up dairy for a few months too which made no difference.
i was prescribed strong stomach acid reducer pills which didn't help so i guess that rules out excess stomach acid.
blood test ruled out pancreas/liver probs.
never been tested for candida, whats that??
The doctor thinks it is acid related or ibs so she is reluctant to send me for a endoscopy(probably due to costs for the nhs!) she has agreed to do a ultra sound scan to check my gallbladder etc but it will be at least a month to get that. have u had your gallbladder checked?
I went back to the doc today and he is going to do a thyroid check as he said my pulse was fast and i have lost weight(both symptoms)- it will be a week to get the result but i am fully expecting it to be negative because it always is!!

Old 06-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #5
(female)

candida is an imbalance of bad (yeast) bacteria and good bacteria in our digestive system whcih can cause really bad problems. but some doctors refuse to belive it. theres loads of information about it on the web and in books.
is it worth getting your gallbladder tested? can it give you these symtpoms?
i had basic thyroid test whcih came back normal, doc doesnt seem interested in pursuing it further.... seems to think its all in my head.
im strongly suspecting b12 deficiency/pernicious anemia at the moment becasue of the aneamia like symtpoms i have... and its partly a digestive problems so that could explain some of those symptoms....
i have the biggest fear of needles ever but im not almost begging them to give me more tests because theyre dismissing eveything and dont seem to think theres anything wrong other than ibs and depression/anxiety.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
(female)

5678sar HB User

Hiya again! well, most people get bad intense stomach pains with gallbladder but it can cause bloating and indigestion. I don't know if it is worth it but i will try anything! i'll let you know what my result is anyway.
I don't want to give you false hope but my doc did say that thyroid tests are worth doing twice if the symptoms are there because if you are feeling ok on the day they take the blood it can be wrong.
Do you know how you test/treat candida? Thanks again! Sar

Old 06-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #7
(female)

ill look into gallbladders. well my doc seems to shrug off anything i siggest testing so i think getting another thyroid test would be near enough possible, but im just going to have to keep pushing for tests.
candida is tested normally with a stool test i think, think they may be able to use a blood test, im not too sure. the treatment is sticking to the candida diet for a long period of time (near enough impossible) as well as taking various strong anti fingals, probiotics, vitamins and minerals, detoxs and cleanses

Closed Thread