It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
(female)

jossr HB User
Annoying pain in right shoulder blade when I swallow

For five months now, I have been having this annoying pain in my right shoulder blade when I swallow food or liquid and when I belch. It feels like it is in one spot every time and it doesn't hurt that bad, and it stops after I finish swallowing. I went to my GI doc and he upped my Prevacid to twice a day and gave me Reglan. He was puzzled why I would have this pain, too.

It hasn't gotten any worst or better, but it hasn't gone away either. Do any of you know what this could be. I will be making an appointment for an upper GI exam this week.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
(female)

jossr HB User
Re: Annoying pain in right shoulder blade when I swallow

I went to the GI today and he has me scheduled for three esophagus exams. Tomorrow is the barium. He is baffled because he says it's not the reflux. I have three buldging discs in my back on the right side and he seems to think it is a nerve or a blood vessel pressing on my esophagus. I am worried though because it has been going on for so long. Otherwise, I feel fine, energenic, and functioning. It is only when I eat or drink and belch do I feel this discomfort. Won't someone reply to me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
(female)

jossr HB User
Re: Annoying pain in right shoulder blade when I swallow

I had the barium xray of my esophagus and it came back negative, but the discomfort is still there. I have two more esophagus tests to take. I realize that I have GERD, diveculitis (sp), and IBS and had my gallbladder removed four years ago, but this feels like gallbladder pain, but not so bad. I have a lot going on that brings on stress, but other than this discomfort, I am pretty healthy.

The following user gives a hug of support to jossr:
sorel66 (11-26-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to jossr For This Useful Post:
sorel66 (11-26-2011)
Closed Thread