It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

nero HB User
frightened A LOT

After having a neck surgery in 03 and low back 04 I think I am a trooper until this. About six months ago I started having the need to burp..A LOT...it has now worked into an intolerable feeling of pain in my diaphragn, something stuck in my throat, ears ringing and numbness sometimes in my left side of neck. I have had many sensations during my neck injury but this one takes the cake. I attended a new GP in my area who put me on NEXIUM. Well I hate pills and tried not to take them. Today I reattended desperate for a scope or such to ascertain what is the problem vs any more pills first mentality. I go June 26 for barium swallow as DR. says "he can't order scope" ?? and then am to attend an ENT dr. My hubby had hiatus hernia last year but he had acid reflux and hoarseness. His went away with a better diet and he never had the pain I am having.

Frankly I am really fatigued from this awful feeling in my throat and chest ...it goes when I don't eat but is triggered by movement too. I had Ortho Surgeon who I have open door with re MRI me for the bulging disc in my neck below my other surgery but he said it is not on my spinal cord and not his pervue. So I don't know if the bulging disc is exacerabating a hiatus hernia or what or if the hernia pushing on my diaphragm bothers my neck.

I am really exhausted and at 48 having tried to be upbeat, keep my fitness routine and love life I am getting very depressed. I try not to show it but feel like I am going to FREAK out if this feeling doesn't go away soon. DOES ANYBODY have symptoms of this as above... I really don't feel acid reflux taste but is this the burpings origins?. I did buy the Mg tablets but have to crush same as they are too big and dry to swallow. I am big on holistic nutrition and would rather take those supplements vs Nexium but tonight I am desperate and took a NEXIUM to see if I could calm it.

HELP ANYBODY>

THANKS!!!

Last edited by nero; 06-09-2008 at 05:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread