It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
Unhappy so I have colitis

I have colitis now. And apparently it WASN'T the "bad bacteria" (C. Difficile) kind. It's permanent.

Actually, I was feeling pretty good until the colonoscopy (or at least, the prep). Ever since I have been struggling almost every day with burning across my abdomen at the level of my stomach (probably upper colon, as the doc said). Never mind my bad reflux and acid-y stomach.

sigh. I just can't win any more. Seems all my gut is going to hell.

Just have to rant. Any sharing or suggestions, welcome!

Old 06-17-2008, 05:51 AM   #2
(female)

bcd64 HB User
Re: so I have colitis

Hi,
I am waiting for colonoscopy biopsy results to see if I have colitis as well. Is that how you were diagnosed? Did you have any symptoms before your diagnosis? What kind of followup/treatment has the doctor recommended?
Barb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2008, 11:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
Re: so I have colitis

Hi there - had no idea someone replied, so sorry this is late!

Yes, I had biopsies that confirmed colitis. The doctor thought so when doing the colonoscopy, but wanted confirmation.

Before my scope I had horrible abdominal cramping (like VERY bad diarrhea/menstrual cramps) periodically about every hour; this was a few weeks before (and why I got the scope). That subsided and actually I felt pretty good after seeing the doctor until the scope; since then I've felt nagging burning a whole lot.

I was given Lialda to try to help. However, I'm breast-feeding so there is caution about using it, although the doctors involved decided it's OK. I've been scared to try it, but I think I'll try the samples at least starting this week to see if it rids me of the burning, which just doesn't seem to be going away.

Closed Thread