It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2008, 12:21 PM   #1
(female)

karel HB User
I really need your help

Last Saturday, I had a horrific headache. I was taking Advil gel caps, 3 at a time probably 4 times during the day. On Monday, when I got out of bed, I had horrible stomach pain. I assume that I have an ulcer because my stomach hurts even to touch, it hurts to bend over and does feel better if I eat a small amount. The pain is in the middle/upper part between my rib cage. It feels better if I lie flat of my back. I have been taking an antacid. Today I went to the drug store and bought some acidipholous and magnesium to try. I have not been to the doctor as this is the first time I've experienced this problem. I would like to avoid it if at all possible. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
(female)

londoner70 HB User
Re: I really need your help

If your symptoms persist go and see a doctor it would put your mind at ease.
Stomach ulcers are extremely painful, so I doubt it is an ulcer.
I have problem with stomach acid, they are still trying to find ot what is wrong, but too much acid, can cause burning pains.

When I bend over I also feel pain as if inside is bruised.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2008, 07:23 AM   #3
(female)

karel HB User
Re: I really need your help

Thank you so much for your response. It is VERY painful, especially sitting. If I lie down, the pain subsides somewhat. I did call my doctor yesterday, but could not get an appointment until Monday. He suggested that I stop all medications and take only Pepto-Bis. He told me it would coat my stomach and keep the stomach acid away from the ulcer so it can heal. He also said to stick to a bland diet, no caffeine, carbonated drinks, etc. I have been doing that and it does seem to have helped some.

Closed Thread