It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2008, 07:17 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User
thought on bloating and gas?

Anyone have any thoughts on what to take for bloating daily after eating and gas?

Old 07-05-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
(female)

addirector HB User
Re: thought on bloating and gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesprings2 View Post
Anyone have any thoughts on what to take for bloating daily after eating and gas?
I have been having bloating and gas for the past three years most days after I eat. I think there are certain foods that make it worse than others and for a time if it got really bad I couldn't breathe and thought I was having a heart attack. After several trips to the ER they started to give me atavan (an anxiety med). That seems to help a bit. I got tired of the docs thinking I must be nuts so I did some research and discovered I might be missing some digestive enzymes since I had my gallbladder removed 24 yrs ago. I started taking digestive advantage for gas and bloating and also for lactose intollerance. Every day I take 2 pills of each and a prilosec before bed and there has been a huge difference. Once in a while I get a huge bloatling attack but usually after I eat something like cole slaw (big gas producer). You can get the digestive advantage products in the rolaids isle of wall mart or most pharmacys. Also fennel tea from a health food store and brachs starlight mints will make you belch.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
(female)

ct gl HB User

My secret formula to combat gas and bloating is:

right before dinner, I take 1 Culturelle, and eat 1-2 minced raw garlic bulbs.

After my lap chole in february, i had awful gas/bloating/stinky flatulence.

I am convinced it was bacterial (all the antibiotics i was on pre-op probably killed my good bacteria, and everything was out of wack).

Anyhow, raw garlic and Culturelle: I swear by this!

Good luck.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Alot of bloating is caused when the friendly bacteria in your digestive system gets out of balance. The friendly bacteria helps in digestion along with digestive enzymes.

The friendly bacteria needs to be re-balance so you can digest food properly --- particularly -- carbs and sugary foods.

Yogurt, Kefir and probiotic supplements will help. But, you may have a Candida/ yeast infection that needs more agressive treatment that needs anti fungal drugs and an anti candida diet.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #5
(female)

nosila HB User

Cut down or eliminate fiber if the bloating is severe. It works for me. Then find a digestive enzyme with hydrochloric acid to help break down foods you eat. Most people with gerd thinks it's because of too much acid, but it is most likely the opposite, so the acid in the enzyme helps. Too little stomach acid will cause food to digest slow and just sit in your belly, causing gerd and bloating. Also, you might try a good probiotic to equalize your body's flora.

Last edited by nosila; 07-29-2008 at 05:50 AM.

Closed Thread