It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2008, 03:33 PM   #1
(female)

terri38 HB User
Gallstones or pancreatitis??

Hi,

I've just come out of hospital after a week. I was brought in with agonising upper abdominal pain and nausea which I had been suffering for 3 days continueously. An ultrasound showed muliple gallstones, and I was given powerful pain relief. I was discharged with meds, and go back in 6 weeks to have gallbladder removed (apparently they have to wit until inflammation dies down), and I wasn't classed as an emergency as there were no complications.

My pain HASN'T subsided and the edge is only taken off by meds. The pain is now in my back as well, and I have diarreha (sic). My question is, do I have to suffer this awful apain for 6 weeks, or is it likely to settle (has been 10 full days now!) and how do the Doctors know if it gallstones or pancreatitis? pancreatitis is a complication of gallstones, and the symptoms are similar, but is very dangerous, so how can I tell if its not straight forward gallstones? The hospital just told me to come back to casuality if the pain got worse, it hasn't but it's certainly no better!

Can anyone help?? I'm starting to worry about the pain lasting so long?

Old 06-28-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Gallstones or pancreatitis??

Have you taken fat out of your diet? If you have multiple stones, it's a pretty safe bet that's it's the stones causing the problems. You need to keep the gb from constricting...so you need to eliminate fat from your diet. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #3
(female)

terri38 HB User
Re: Gallstones or pancreatitis??

Hi,

not really, everything causes the spasms, even water. I feel awful. Beginning to become jaundiced. :-(

Closed Thread