It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
(female)

prplmoon55 HB User
left side pain under breast

I have just been diagnosed with stones in my gallbladder...my Dr. suggests that I have it removed.

Before diagnosis, I mentioned to my Dr. that I had left side pain and he said that it could be from my gallbladder.

My symptoms are very bad heartburn, pain in the middle of my chest and to the left side and goes around to the back left side.

When this happens I take an antacid which helps but there is a dull pain and tenderness to touch afterwards, and this is chronic.

Also, I have been taken nexium for several years for acid reflux, and when I was getting the heartburn I couldn't understand why this was happening. Of course I thought it was my heart and so my Dr. scheduled a Stress test which was ok but showed some gallbladder problems and then I had a sonagram which that showed I have gallstones.

I still have left side pain and discomfort which goes to my back. I don't know if removing my gallbladder will take away this pain or not.

I have also investigated the removing of my gallbladder and not having the symptoms subside but having a worse outcome.

Can anyone tell me if they have had their gallbladder out and what symptoms they have had post surgery?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #2
(male)

huebnrent HB User
Re: left side pain under breast

Same symptoms here more in the upper center and L side just below rib, back pains between shoulder blades lower burning. Ultrasound of gall bladder having stones. Had it removed 7 weeks ago. Still having the same symptoms burning back pain more when I'm sitting and occasionally on L side. center ab pains went away mostly since removal of the gall bladder. had x-rays taken yesterday pending results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2008, 07:51 AM   #3
(female)

katrina43 HB User
Re: left side pain under breast

You may want to have your pancreas checked, since the gallbladder is somewhat connected to the pancreas. The pancreas is located right behind the stomach on your left side where the pain is coming from. Hope you find out what's going on. Good Luck

Closed Thread