It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2008, 02:23 AM   #1
(female)

Mary08 HB User
Please help me!

The past couple of weeks, there's been time when the bottom of my ribs on the right hand side are sore. It's a pretty small area too that's actually sore, it almost feels like something is pushing against it inside my body. I've been having lots of gas at night, burping too. I've been really nauseated at night too, and it's making it difficult to sleep at night. Does anyone know what it might be?

Also, for about the past 2 years and a half years I had been getting mild/moderate upper right quadrant pain mostly at night. It hurt more when I breathed in. (it's really weird symptoms I know!!) In the past month or so, it's subsiding somewhat, and I've been gettin those pains kinda rarely. I was constipated really badly for about 5 years at least, but also for the past month I've been going a bit more regulary, at least 4 times a week which is great for me. My stools are not normal though, ranging in color from pale yellow, green and brown. As far as the pains I had been having my doctor thinks it could be gas pains getting trapped. I really don't feel like that's what it was, I just hope it doesn't come back. I was ordered ultrasound a few times on my gallbladder, but the hospital wants me to put down money on it, but I don't have it. I don't have any insurance at all, I'm really not sure what to do.

Both my mother & grandmother both passed away from gallbladder/liver cancer (one cancer spread to the other, not sure where it start at). My moms sister had her gallbladder removed due to gallstones. This family history worries me, and me having all these symptoms related in that same area worries me even more!!

If anyone has even advice or insight please let me know, I'm really starting to worry about it! Thanks.

Last edited by Mary08; 06-30-2008 at 02:27 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2008, 07:24 AM   #2
(female)

karyn66 HB User
Re: Please help me!

Hi there, I suffered constipation all my life and only after getting strict with drinkin plenty of water, eating regularly esp. breakfast and eating yoghurt with live culture in it (acidophilis) my bowel seems more healthy. Your stools would probably change color with what your eating. I know that beetroot makes stools turn green. You need to balance your diet and limit processed foods esp. fast food. Increase fibre lots of fruit and vegies. Natural and unprocessed foods are so much better for you. If your doctor has asked you to have an ultrisound you should try to save up for it or borrow it from a friend if possible. If your gallbladder is not working properly certain foods will make it irritable. Try finding out what foods upset it. I think this website have a ask the doctor for a diagnosis? Whatever the outcome ultrisound or not what if you need surgery to remove the galbladder? What then. ? The pain could be colic, gas trapped in bowel. This can be very painful. Have you tried medication for gas? Good luck and hope your feeling better soon.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:09 PM   #3
(female)

jolly41 HB User
Re: Please help me!

Hi there
Im just thinking those symptoms were similar to mine, Ive just had a liver resection for a tumour and the pain was exactly where yours was, its benign but needed taking out. You MUST get the ultrasound hun so you can be sure. I also had alot of burping etc and another syptom is irregular bowel movements. They took my gallbladder and Im awaiting the final diagnosis although they think it was benign they are making sure,
Please get the scan and let me know
Jollyx

Closed Thread