It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
(female)

tg70 HB User
Help, I have loud painful burping and cannot find out what it is

Since March of 2004, I have had painful burping with stomach pain. I was told that I had IBS in 2000, but did not burp the way I have since March 2004. When I go to bed, I have to sit up and burp several times. Then if I wake up to go to bathroom, I'll have to burp. I cannot burp lying down, and the pain will not go away unless I sit up and burp. I have been told that I swallow air and to try these exercises. Did not help. Anyway, I think I may have no digestive enzymes or something like that. I just don't think that is all of it. Is there ANYONE who knows or has heard of this?
T.G.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:07 AM   #2
(female)

dreamingdenali HB User
Re: Help, I have loud painful burping and cannot find out what it is

I have this as well. It's not as painful as it is forced (and I think I've become used to it being painful/annoying). I went to the doctor, I'm only 24 and really had no reason to have ulcers or stomach cancer or gastritis, and I started with these symptoms while I was on Nexium.

My doctor basically told me to chill out. I am not always sure I believe that stress is what is killing my stomach, but it could very well be true. The only time I am able to control this is when I eat only about 2/3 of what I usually do (I don't eat much to begin with). I always was a healthy eater and drink a lot of water....and a lot of Maalox for when I eat something that gives me indigestion. I don't really have an answer but the more I cut down on food the easier it is for me. Unfortunately it is a really depressing solution.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
(female)

tg70 HB User
Re: Help, I have loud painful burping and cannot find out what it is

Hey, thanks for replying.
I haven't checked the board for a while. Anyway, I have a question. Do you feel pressure in your stomach and then feel like you have to force a burp? That is how I feel.
Tanya

Closed Thread