It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User
Left side pain...

Heres my story i'll sum it up. Since i was around 12 i always had this kinda wierd left side pain. . . it'd come and go at random. It'd get worse and worse and the years progressed. Well in 05 i got really horrible symptoms. Heavy fatigue/ flu like symptoms. After about of year of going threw dr. after dr. they said i had lyme disease. I was treated for a year on zithromax. . Well feb this year. . . that side pain began to get worse... and my heavy fatigue came back. Im having horrible stomach/side pain...digestion issues/light headed ness...brain fog. . . just dazyness. I'm really really scared its something serious!! I'm getting a colonosphcy *spelling* next week. I just went and got blood work done. The dr. didnt seem to concerned.... but i know my body and im feeling im getting worse and worse as teh days go on. . Any ideas of what i may have? or things i should try to help??

Old 07-07-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Re: Left side pain...

Where is your pain? I have a similiar situation. Dull left pain (about 3 inches left of belly button) at times it can get so extreme that I cant move.....has gotten that bad about 4 times in the past 5 yrs. Other times its dull.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB User

I get this as well off and on for years.
Is your pain sometimes pinching feeling? sometimes dull sometimes just an annoyance?

Old 07-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

RetiredDirector HB UserRetiredDirector HB User

That sounds like the pain I had start about 10 years ago and still have today. I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome after several tests. The tests were done by a Gastro Doc and then I was referred back to my PCP for treatment. I have been on various pain meds to slow the bowels (from chronic diarrhea) and deal with the pain. I am still on 120 mg of Methadone a day.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:48 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Director View Post
That sounds like the pain I had start about 10 years ago and still have today. I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome after several tests. The tests were done by a Gastro Doc and then I was referred back to my PCP for treatment. I have been on various pain meds to slow the bowels (from chronic diarrhea) and deal with the pain. I am still on 120 mg of Methadone a day.
Was the pain in your left side stomach area? I have pain on the left side stomach area. Sometimes it pinches, sometimes it hurts if I press the area, sometimes its a dull pain, or a sore pain. Sometimes it is not too bad or I don't even notice it and sometimes it irritates for weeks.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:08 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

RetiredDirector HB UserRetiredDirector HB User

Dea4...Yes, my pain is on the left side, just below the bottom of the rib cage and about even with the belly button. It's a dull never ending type pain with sharp jabs of pain several times a day, that slowly eases and goes back to the dull pain.

I hope this answers your questions.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #7
(female)

michmob HB User

I get a lot of left sided chest pain as well, mine is under the rib cage and radiates around the back, it totally freaks me out, even though Ive had it loads of times it still freaks me out

Old 07-18-2008, 03:48 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB User

Thanks Director for the reply. My pain is mostly on the left side a bit above the belly button not even with it. Probably about 3 inches over and two inches up on the left. Seems like when I get this pain the muscles right there pull in sometimes. My back is also out and causing pain. I've worried it could be pancreas but I have had this off and on for 17 years, moreso lately though. Sometimes a sharp pain. sometimes dull, sometimes pinching or just a sore feeling. A few years ago I read that gastritis can cause this type of pain but I don't remember where I read that.

Closed Thread