It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
(female)

nessie01 HB User
help form somepne how knows about gallbaldder

hi i have just been to a GP who was very nice and great for a change.........anyway i told her my symptoms and she thinks gallbaldder. i dont have the typical things thou, lucky have got a specilist appointment this thurs I rang and begged for quick appointment and yah got one...thk goodness for medical insurane

i have alreacy posted but anyone with gallbladdre probs let me know if you have these symptoms thanks

about three years ago saw the same spec that i am going back to.....i had chronic stomach ache, burping and cant remember what else....anyway scan showed galllstones but endoscope was clear of hernias etc, my pancreas enzymes were slighted elevated but not by enough for concern...........anyway i was left with apparently a little bit of IBS, load of crapppppppppp i say

anyway the tummy stuff has come and gone come and gone so felto good for few months and then really bad........

now feel worse i have ever but not really galbladdr attack

constant naeusa
canstant burping and belching
bad reflux.......causing lump in throat and sore throat
sore tummy, achy sore gassy feeling i guess, and bloating
gas wind
sharp stabby knife like pains in shoulder blades, neck between back sometimes in tummy.......
acidity in tummy feeling
just not feeling welll really
oh my stools are sometimes quite yellow

now all this could be GERD and not gallbladder but any thoughts.
thanks heaps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2008, 10:54 PM   #2
(male)

AlanPi HB User
Re: help form somepne how knows about gallbaldder

Sounds pretty much like gallbladder...

nausea caused by undigested food in stomach
burp and gassy caused by undigested fat
reflux... could be bile in the stomach or too much stomach acid (have you checked for H. Pylori?)
shoulder blade and back pain, typical of gallbladder issues.

When you press your lower right rib area, do you feel any dull pain? You probably will need an ultrasound and HIDA scan to determine GB function.

Good Luck!

Old 07-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #3
(female)

nessie01 HB User

hi alan

thanks for reply.......i dont have actual pain when i push by my gallbladder but its tender and makes me more feel like im going to throwup........the doctor pushed my tummy just under the sternum quite central and i felt sick.............i did it again before posting this but under my right ribs and as i said felt sick
but hay could be gas will ask about a hidascan when i see the doctor on thurs.....

Old 07-07-2008, 04:21 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Definitely sounds like gallbladder. Why didn't you have it out when you were diagnosed with stones before?

Old 07-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #5
(female)

nessie01 HB User

i have no idea why not.... my symptoms when i first saw him three years ago were not as many or as bad as my symptoms now, but even so i think he should of given me a hida scan to make sure,,,,,,anyway see him this thurs so writng every symptoms down and will aks about hida scan.

my brother has also had gallbaldder attacks but hes come ok now for the time bieng..........he has attacks but not any other issues normally that i no of....lol i havnt exactly asked him if his poo is yellow etc , after all he is my brother ewhhhh

Old 07-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

OK, if you have stones there is no reason to have a HIDA scan. The HIDA scan is to determine if your gb has an ejection rate below 35%. Either stones or the low ejection rate is grounds for removal of the gb. Why bother with another test? Just have it out based on the stones. Does your health system require the additional test before they will approve removal?

Old 07-08-2008, 01:15 PM   #7
(male)

AlanPi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Either stones or the low ejection rate is grounds for removal of the gb.
While having a low ejection rate does mean you CAN have your gallbladder removed under insurance, it doesn't necessary mean you need to. But it could mean you still have to have it removed, eventually.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #8
(female)

nessie01 HB User

um
not sure but just because i have gallsotnes it dosnt mean thats my problem i guess as people can ahve huge ammounts of gallstones and never have any digestive problems or attacks and are often not found until people have altopsies and they find them then,...........my insurance will cover what ever is recommended by my spec..........if he says it needs to go then they just pay......im hopin that its either my gallbladder or gerd cause either way its treatable, will im being positive that it can be ...........no will be!!!

i guess that now that im going back again to see the spec three years later with more probs that he will be more into finding out whats wrong........apparently he is the best in his field nd highly reccomended...i hope he fixes me this time, cause this ontop on three other medical conditions is beginning to take its toll on me, im geting stress tremours and shakes from worry.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

I guess I jsut don't understand your healthcare system. Here, if you have gallstones and the symptoms you described, they'd be telling you to have it out. That's what heppened with me. Went to my doctor with pain, nausea, etc. Did ultrasound. Had stones. Sent me to the surgeon. Had it out. End of story. Pretty cut and dried.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #10
(female)

nessie01 HB User

yes well our medical system lol its like a thrid world country sometimes in little ol new zealand..............i guess our whole population here is like 4million so thats smaller than the average small city in oz, usa or england

but having said that after reading about some people not getting treated in hospital cause they dont have medical insurance thats insane,,,,,,,,,,,here in NZ public hospital is completly free still and theycant refuse treatmnet, we also have very good sybsided scripts so the government pays moslty for you meds and you pay a bit, i have medical insurance so i can see specilist within a month and get tests done straight away other wise throu public system it can take like six months or longer which is crazy when you are in pain. onemore day and i see the spec. funny my symptoms have died down a bit, typical lol

Closed Thread