It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
(female)

jtd619 HB User
gas pressure in upper chest

how can I get rid of gas pressure in upper chest

Old 07-15-2008, 09:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User
Re: gas pressure in upper chest

for me i try taking some gasx and drinking some 7up or sprite

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2008, 10:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

The previous suggestions are good quick fixes but does not solve the problem.

Trapped gas in the chest area is usually caused by lack of magnesium in your diet so your esophagus is not working properly.

I suggest you start taking a magnesium suppement.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #4
(female)

Texas Tomato HB User

I have gas trapped in my chest too, plus constant belching and shortness of breath. I looked up magnesium deficiency and it seems to fit.

Harry, can you give us an idea of how long it takes for the magnesium supplements to kick in? Because I started them two days ago, had a symptom-free night (for the first time in a long time!), and then back to a fairly bad night last night. I don't want to OD on the magnesium because it'll cause diarrhea, but just wondering how long I should give it. I'm taking 500 mg. capsules 1X day.

Thanks so much for all your contributions on this board.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Texas Tomato,
We are all different and we all absorb nutrients differently -- the health of our digestive system makes a big difference and the type mineral you take also matters. So, I cannot say how long it will take for you to get an adequate amount.

The daily dose of magnesium is 400 mgm and at this value -- it does not have a laxative effect and it is best to buy it so you can take it in divided doses for better absorption -- you only absorb 8 to 10 % of what you take at any one time. Minerals are only absorbed in about a 2 to 3 foot section of your small intestines.

I take it at breakfast, lunch and supper. Like that I get 35 to 40% aborption rate.

I have also found the chelated type minerals are the better absorbed. Others are aborbed OK but not as well. Chelated type is bonded to a protein amino acid that is smaller and readily passes through the intestinal walls then to your blood and eventually get to every cell in your body.

I like Carlson, Solgar, Kal and others.

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 07-19-2008 at 08:11 AM.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Another thing that can really help within 35 to 45 minutes is a homeopathic remedy -- Magnesia Phos 6X taken as needed and can be repeated.
You can buy this at health food stores these days.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:50 AM   #7
(female)

Texas Tomato HB User

jtd619, sorry for hijacking your thread, but this has helped me tremendously! Hope it helped you too.

Thanks so much, Harry. I went to Whole Foods last night and got both the Magnesia Phos and the chelated type magnesium. So far, so good. I had a good night without that "clenched-up" feeling in my rib cage that I've suffered for so long.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:18 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Texas T,

I should have told you that every cell in your body contains magnesium & 67% is in your bones and although it is present in lots of foods it is readily depleted and some experts think 80% of people lack magnesium.

Homeopathic remedies help ailments, and many conditions and works well -- it does not replace needed minerals in your body.

If you lack magnesium -- chances are you also lack calcium and Vitamin D3 to aid absorption. Calcium cannot be absorbed w/o adequate magnesium. Females need more calcium as they get older or they develop osteoporosis.

As I wrote the other posts -- I wonder about your age??

I am glad this is helping you!!

God Bless---Harry

Last edited by Harry; 07-19-2008 at 07:20 AM.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #9
(female)

mrl88 HB User

i have pressure in my chest, and after i burp it feels better but the pressure always comes back, so i think its gas pressure

Old 08-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

i have extreme chronic indigestion. Lump in throat, pain in chest, pain inbetween shoulder blades in back, and shortness of breath. I am a wreck. I don't know what it is. My entire upper body feels weird. It also comes in spasms. The uncomfortable feeling is always there but then once in a while i will get like a spasm that hurts even more and scares the heck out of me. I had a full cardiac workup a few months ago, everything was fine. I feel like going to a hospital. I can't take it. I have an appointment for an upper gi series but that is not for another two weeks. i have had a hiatal hernia. This though, is the worst i have ever been. Any feedback? LaLa

The following user gives a hug of support to lala52:
jkd2010 (03-19-2011)
Old 08-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #11
(female)

her70cuda HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtd619 View Post
how can I get rid of gas pressure in upper chest
Are you having any other symptoms with this? I'm getting pressure before and after I eat but stomach burning before I eat also. I also find it more difficult to breath with the chest pressure.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #12
(female)

Tired of This HB User

what r your symptoms?trying to find someone with same as mine

Old 08-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrl88 View Post
i have pressure in my chest, and after i burp it feels better but the pressure always comes back, so i think its gas pressure
I get that same feeling and it is like your having a heart attack but then I am relieved with a huge burp. Sometimes the gas builds up like pockets of air. It scares me at times because I always wonder if it going to do something different. My shoulder will ache if I have too much gas. My doctor looks at me weird when I describe it.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:57 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Hi All:
I am actually in a little bit of a panic because i am having trouble getting a cleansing breath and i thought it might be from acid reflux or the hiatal hernia but the gastro dr. said he highly doubts it and i should see a lung dr. I also have discomfort in my back between my should blades. But also i have a lump in throat and pain in the hiatal area and top portion of stomach below the ribs. It is always something. I am exhausted just spending my life at drs with all my ailments. I am really ready for the crazy house. Maybe i should think about antidepressants. That might help with some of the ailments and the panic and depression caused by all my sickn ess. I really don't want to though. I hate taking pharmaceuticals if i don't have to. Talk soon. LaLa

Closed Thread