It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
(female)

alex1022 HB User
Daily Nausea

I was having nauseau a few times a month which has now turned into daily. I had an US of the gallbladder and it was negative. I had a HIDA Scan and it shows an ejection fraction of 3%. I have no other symptoms besides nauseau. Evverything I read here shows if you have a gallbladder problems you are usually in a lot of pain. Any ideas why I would have no pain at all and no other symptoms besides nausea?

Old 07-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
(female)

nikkilewis HB User
Re: Daily Nausea

I've read about people having nausea and vomiting with GB problems, but I never did. I never had right-sided pain either. Every now and then I'd get little "twinges", but never PAIN in the right side. My pain was always right in the middle of my back. I hear of alot of people complaining about it being in the right shoulder blade ONLY. I think it's a little different for everyone. If your EF is 3%, that's LOW LOW LOW. It's practically non-functioning. Do you feel nauseous when you eat fats, or do you feel that way no matter what you eat (or how LOW FAT you eat)?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #3
(female)

alex1022 HB User

Well food doesn't really seem to bother me either. I mean I wake up nauseas and it goes away but comes back. It just happens at all different times. I still eat whatever I want cause I am not sure what triggers the nausea.

Old 07-20-2008, 05:50 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

chocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB User

I don't know if this will help or not but it would be worth a try because it's soooo healthy for you. Maybe you can try taking chlorophyll. A few weeks ago my stomach was just being upset like everyday. So I took a few tablespoons of chlorophyll and in 5 minutes my stomach felt much better.
I got a bottle of it in liquid form at the health food store. I got the mint flavored kind so it's more palatable but it really doesn't taste too bad.
If you search chlorophyll you'll see all the health benefits!
hope this helps

Old 07-20-2008, 08:14 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I have a friend who had nothing but the nausea. Never had any pains of any kind. They kept thinking she had some sort of stomach bug or ulcer. Nothing helped. She ended up in the ER one weekend due to constant vomiting...finally determined to be non functioning gb - had it out and has been fine ever since. People who experience pain generally have stones and the pain is from the gb contracting and squeezing on the stones, which are spiney, and thereby causing the pain. Yours just isn;t doing anything. It isn't contracting so nothing to cause pain. But since your body isn't digesting properly, you're nauseous. It may be that removal won't help you much if the bile duct they leave is also damaged and doesn't take over the function of the gb like it is supposed to do. But if it does, you should be back to normal in a few weeks.

Keep in mind, that if it isn't functioning it could become diseased and you may end up having to have it out anyway. Just more things to think about.

Closed Thread