It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
(female)

silkynickel HB User
Cant Eat Anything

Hi Everyone,

I had my gall bladder removed a week ago on Friday and ever since then I cannot eat. Everything I eat makes me so sick to my stomach. I have not been eating anything fatty or oily. I have been trying to stick to a bland diet for now while my body heals and that is just not working for me. I have lost 14 pounds in one week and I feel terrible.
Has anyone else had this problem? What is going on?

Old 07-20-2008, 10:55 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Cant Eat Anything

Could be a lot of things. Are you still taking pain meds? What about liquids - tea, ginger ale, etc? What exactly are you eating?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2008, 11:05 AM   #3
(female)

silkynickel HB User

I have been drinking water and ginger ale. I have been eating almost nothing since everything is making me sick. I tried eating oatmeal with no milk or cream and no butter. I tried eating just a piece of plain toast that made me sick. Plain mashed potatos no butter no gravey. Everything I eat makes me feel sick. Even the water and ginger ale do not sit well in my stomach. And I have stopped the pain meds about 3 days ago now.

Last edited by silkynickel; 07-20-2008 at 11:12 AM.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Sometimes when you haven';t been able to eat due to nausea, once the cause is gone you still have problems. And taking the pain meds probably didn't help either. For one thing, quit drinking plain water. It can make you nauseous on its own. I can't drink plain water first thing in the AM until I've had something to eat and drink. Have you tried the old pregnancy trick - eating fresh gingerroot? Then again, you may just need to vomit up whatever is causing the upset. Sometimes that does the trick. You may need to get a scrip for reglan or some other stomach calmer.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:19 PM   #5
(female)

silkynickel HB User

I have been throwing up so unfortunalty that has not helped. I have never heard of eating fresh ginger root. Have you ever tried ginger root it is very spicy. I have been trying pepto and things like that but nothing seems to bring any relief. Thank you for your suggestions

Old 07-20-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Lots of pregnant women I know have used fresh gingerroot for nausea. It's pretty popular here for that. And since I'm Cajun, it's pretty mild - and sweet - to me! Have you talked with your doctor? You really may need a shot of reglan to calm your stomach so you can eat.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:12 PM   #7
(female)

silkynickel HB User

I called the doctor on Thursday and they cound not get me in till Monday. Trust me I do not mind the weight loss but feeling sick like this is terrible.

Closed Thread