It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
(male)

steve911x2 HB User
any ideas?

hello all,
im not sure where exactly to post this but this thread seemed like it was in the general ball park of my symptoms. Im 38 years old and have no known health issues; however, for the past couple of years i have had a recurring dull ache under my right rib cage. It initially started out as almost a little numb feeling about the size of a small fist under my right rib cage area but has progressively become worse. It now feels like a dull ache or cramp. Its not a horrible pain but is definately uncomfortable. I mostly get it when im sitting for a period of time, especially when driving (im a cop so i do alot of driving). It doesnt seem to be influenced by when i eat or drink...its just a random (daily) occuring pain that doesnt go away unless i stand. Ive been to a couple of doctors who did some blood work and felt all around my right side with no results. Its starting to become really annoying now! Any help, advise, or thoughts would be very appreciated!
thanks much!

Old 07-23-2008, 11:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: any ideas?

steve,
Welcome to Healthboards!!

It always bothers me when people post here and have a problem that Doctors can't find-- and you are left with the problem --And, It is so frustating.

Since this is not thought to be your gallbladder, it could still be? You may not have had the right test yet??
If you get tested for it because it is in that area by a HIDA scan and turns out that your GB is functioning OK then it has to be something ??

And, this type of being uncomforable is many times cause by cramping or spasms that are the result of lack of magnesium in your body. Magnesium is available in lots of foods but some experts think that 80% or so of people lack it -- it is easily lost in your urine.

There is a good thread at the top of this page about what lacking magnesium can do.
It is--- " GERD SUFFERS--I Feel Good... let Me Tell you Why"
I know yours is not Acid Reflux(GERD).
But,I suggest you read part of it.
It may be your problem-- and Doctors usually don't check that mineral unless asked.

Your problem may be solve by just taking a magnesium supplement. The daily dose is 400mgm -- it is best to buy a type that can be taken 3X daily for better absorption.

Let us know how you make out.

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 07-23-2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Typos

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread