It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2008, 07:50 PM   #1
(male)

d444 HB User
best diet to cleanse bowels??

hello, looking for some advise...
last few weeks ive been feeling very full in the lower abdomen, i usually have a very flat stomch but noticed it grew sufficiently, and its not fat, feels like my bowels are just full. i usually have daily bowel movememts but just feels like im still very full afterwards. i do eat a good diet, no fats, and plenty of fiber and excersise. is there something particular i can do/eat for a few days to basically empty everything?? thank you!

Old 07-26-2008, 10:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: best diet to cleanse bowels??

D444,
If you really want clean your intestines-- I think it is best to do it like the Doctors do for a colon exam -- take a laxative that draws water to the colon to stimuate and cause many BMs.

Doctors many times use Go-Lytly a prescrition laxtive--- a gallon container that you mix the contents with water and you drink 8 ounces every 10 minutes until you finish the gallon-- It causes you to completely empty your intestines in about 3 hours. It is the same as Mirilax an OTC laxative-- except take many doses.

Citate of Magnesia is also an osmostic type laxative and Milk of Magnesia is also that type.

I think you should consult your Doctor before doing this procedure.

Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2008, 06:17 PM   #3
(female)

wilsjel HB User
Re: best diet to cleanse bowels??

Personally...

I've mixed the Mira-Lax with two huge bottles of Gatorade for a pre-colonscopy procedure.. that will CLEANSE your bowels.. the only thing I didn't like about this was I was still going quite often up to my procedure and the bowel movements hit you pretty quickly..

Drinking a whole bottle of Citrate Magnesia does the trick as well. These bowel movements pretty much stopped as soon as I was flushed- and lasted probably only three hours after I drank it.

Bowel movements were a lot clear with the Mira-Lax.. and not totally clear with the Citrate Magnesia.

Make sure you can get it all down in about an hour (the quicker, the better) and that you have some time to devote to sitting on the toilet... (=

Both taste equally as gross. Just drink fast!

Closed Thread