It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
(male)

3wilds HB User
problems after eating, chronic fatigue and the need to sleep.

For quite a long time now I get this strange need to sleep after eating. Its like I took 10 sleeping pills or something and when I wake up I feel hungover. In the morning when I get up I do NOT feel refreshed from sleep and don't feel good again and thats how I start every day. When I eat I don't know whats going to happen, if I need to lay down or not but I usually look very tired upon completing a meal. My eyes water, my nose runs and sometimes I get nausious and can't finish a meal. This happens everyday but I don't have to sleep every day(after a meal). The last time this happened was 2 days ago when I ate a full subway sandwich, got very tired so I had to lay down, the next thing I know its 5 hours later and I could hardly get up. I have other weird things going on also like an intolerance to cold, I was out with my dogs last march and it was 33 outside, not to cold, but I had my gloves on and in 15 minutes my fingers hurt like they were getting frozen in 30 below weather, bizarre but true. My blood sugars seem to go down after eating but still in the normal range, its supposed to go up, mine go down then up. My fatigue, hangover feeling, and tiredness after eating dictates what I can do each day but the docs can't find an answer yet. They checked my adrenal function yesturday so I hope they can find an answer, I had a glucose tolerance test on monday but it seems to be inconclusive. My thyroid tests out ok and so does my liver but recently a high ferritin count showed up but they say a fattly liver shouldn't cause this. No answers, please I need someone to help me because I don't wan't to live like this anymore, I don't know if I can' hold a job but soon I have to try regardless. I think I'm going to try taking epinepherine to see if it can make me feel more normal and have some energy. I just want to feel normal again. One big thing here is that I lost 20 lbs in the last 2 1/2 years also and no matter what I do I can't gain any weight. Before if I lost some weight due to a surgery or something I was always able to get it back, now I can't. anyone????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread