It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
(female)

lcutson HB User
Gastroparesis...HELP!

Hi everyone,

Im new to these boards, ive posted once or twice over on the 'back problems' boards. Heres my story..

At around age 18 (im 24 now) i noticed myself experiencing a lot of nausea, somewhat related to the timing of meals (ie. if i didnt eat as soon as i felt hunger, i became so nauseated i would have to vomit in order to eat). I was prescribed zofran and i became rather good at 'controlling' my stomach issues. However, it still always remained an issue, although there always seemed something more important at the time to deal with than going to a GI doc or anything.

Fast fwd to May 2008; I suddenly (overnight) developed a debilitating burning pain in my back (upper right side. the spine itself is sore to the touch as well). Of course with back pain I was first prescribed pain medication (percocet) which TORE my stomach to pieces and thus began this horrific cycle.

Ive been on Ultracet for the back pain since mid-may of this year (about 4 months) and I have experienced stomach problems like never before. Its beyond any control, even with the zofran. Ive lost almost 15 lbs (im down to 87lbs...i literally feel as though i am wasting away!!) I am have constant nausea...cramps..and extreme pain in my stomach. I am vomitting almost every single day, generally regardless of food intake or not. I also RARELY feel hungry anymore, i guess its part mental, i dunno.. does anyone else experience that??

I finally got into see a GI doc today... she suspects gastroparesis. She ordered a gastric emptying study and an endoscopy. In the mean time, I AM MISERABLE... does anybody have some words of wisdom, or hope? Its no fun to feel like an act so natural as eating is so hurtful to yourself

Hope somebody out there understands..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sam78 HB User
Re: Gastroparesis...HELP!

hi there, we have a thread titled gastroparesis.. please share 2, you might pull it up and spend sometime reading through it, we have discussed a lot of this. We have some good info and totally understand what you are going through. Check it out and feel free to post.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:54 PM   #3
(female)

mkierce HB User
Re: Gastroparesis...HELP!

My son has Gastroparesis. He is 3, a little language delayed, but vomits daily like you described. He actually has a feeding tube in his belly because he has been diagnosed with failure to thrive. It is not that bad. There are a few things they can prescribe if you have this: Zofran for nausea, Reglan to empty the stomach and help with nausea, or Erythromican to contract the stomach muscles. You should also be on a reflux med like prevacid to protect your esophagus. Good Luck!

Closed Thread