It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2008, 10:16 AM   #1
(female)

londoner70 HB User
Question What is wrong with me? what should I do next?

My problem,s started last August, and I never though I will be suffering a year on, and the fact that it will start ruining my life. I am a 38yrs old mother of 2 toddlers. To keep the long story short, it started with slight burning sensation in my stomach, after 2 GIs, and 2 ENTs, and 3 endoscopies, and one colonoscopy, and PH-metry test, I am faced with the dilema, that no one but the ENT is taking me seriously. I was diagnosed with gastritis and erosive duodenitius by the first GI, but all he did was perscribing PPIs, and wasn't prepared to find out the route cause of it, eventhough I kept mentioning to him I am still suffering after all the meds. I have excess phlegm, burning in the throat, and sharp pains in the stomach, and also sometimes this horrible feeling in my stomach, like a stomachache but not a physical pain, as if I haven't eaten for days, but eating doesn't resolve it.
The ENT diagnosed me with LPR, and put me on 2X 40mg nexiums a day. The second GI hasn't found anything, but then I don't believe that he should have scoped me while I was on meds.
What should I do? Does this sound familiar to anyone?
I am scared of all the horrible things that everyone reads on the internet? I am patrified, that I will end up with a horrible disease if this carries on.
I saw a dietician last night, recommended by the GI, whom I thought was a joke, since her diet sheet included tomato, and diet sodas?!!!!!!
She wants me to try these expensive bacterias for the gut, which I ordered today.
I am desperate? any help, or advice is appreciated, thisi s affecting my life really bad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2008, 04:19 AM   #2
(female)

mydogsandme HB User
Re: What is wrong with me? what should I do next?

I see no-one's replied yet and although I wanted you to know you'r really not on your own with this, although I know from experience it's very lonely and isolating feeling like this. I'm not a doctor so I can't say what you may have wrong really,except it does sound like the start of my irritable bowel a long time ago. The feeling in your stomach-I get the gnawing hungry feelings and it usually means trapped wind for me. IF it is ibs it doesn't mean it will turn into some horrible disease-I'm living proof of that!-and symptoms change all the time. Today I'm having a bad day but nearly as much as I was six or seven years ago. What I do remember is the fear of what the symptoms mean and being in constant discomfort while looking fine! If you shoul dget a diagnosos of ibs try joining the IBS Network,they have a magazine Gut Trust,nurses to phone if in doubt and a helpline of which I'm a volunteer. There are lots of things to try besides the stock reply of "eat more fibre" ! You won't always feel this way if it is IBS. If you feel like chatting more, I'm here. Teresa

Closed Thread