It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
(female)

missimo HB User
Oozing belly button

Hi just wondering if anyone has had an oozing belly button before which is kinda yellow liquid and smells. Also put on a bit of weight to which might not be linked but seems to be just that area. Thanx.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
(female)

Kimberlie HB User
Re: Oozing belly button

Sounds like it could be a hernia. Do you have any other symptoms?

Last edited by Kimberlie; 08-16-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2008, 10:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User

missimo,

how badly are you swollen? I have two hernias (no oozing), and a lot of swelling. The previous poster could be right. Have it checked. I am surprised you haven't already. Don't wait.

flowergirl

Old 08-17-2008, 06:03 AM   #4
(female)

missimo HB User

Thanx for the replies I don't think its swollen too much, Iam not sure, putting on weight there and bit where my belly button is seems to stick out slightly when you look in the mirror, like iam getting bigger but that bit sticks out..probably doesnt make sense lol. Part from that and the oozing Iam possibly constipated more then usual (I have IBS). I mentioned the oozing to a nurse last week but unfortuantely it wasnt doing it at the time but she said to ring the doctors when it does and they will do a swob, hopefully.

Oh and I sometimes get a rash on my abdomen? Oh and I've been getting heart burn in my throat this week..I don't know if i should mention all this when I go to the docs :S

Last edited by missimo; 08-17-2008 at 06:26 AM.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:42 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

lucylucy HB User

I had it a couple times. I think it was related to being too vigorous in cleaning it after a period of relative neglect. It went away in a couple days. A little hydrogen peroxide on a q-tip or a little hydrocortisone cream might help.

Closed Thread