It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #1
(female)

dmp915 HB User
gastroparesis help

Hi, I'm new here but not new to gastroparesis. I have had it for about 7 years. I'm not diabetic, mine is due to anorexia (in the past). I've been in recovery for that since 2000 however the damage was done already. I have a very severe case and for the last 5 years have had a jejunostomy tube. Last month my tube broke open for the second time in 5 years however this time I decided not to have a new one put in. I'm trying alternative methods to see if I can either heal from it or at least find another way to live. I get scared sometimes and think oh no, what have I done. My decision was against medical advice but I decided that there is more to life and health than what western medicine believes. I can't eat solid food so I'm juicing everything and taking numerous herbs and supplements and vitamins along with medication for nausea and pain. I've been researching for along time now and cannot find anyone else who is doing what I am. I'm hoping that I do not have to have my feeding tube put back in but if my health deteriorates I will. The real irony for me is that with my anorexia I thought food was my enemy for so long and now it really is. Would love to hear about any experience that others have had with this approach or other suggestions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2008, 06:01 PM   #2
(female)

Elisa123 HB User
Re: gastroparesis help

hi there,

I too suffer miserably from gastroparesis caused by anorexia. I have had it for 5 years and I never had a tube put in, although I wish to God I could get one because I cant even eat anymore I have been so sick. After my anorexia I developed binge eating disorder which gave me reflux disease and horrendous indigestion caused by the gastroparesis. I am suffering so much I cry everyday and wish this nightmare would just go away, but it never ends. I am due to get the nissen fundoplication surgery to correct my reflux, but that will not fix the gastroparesis. I curse the wicked disease of anorexia because it has really destroyed my life. I need a miracle to fix my body I am so sick of suffering. I know your pain.

-Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2008, 06:27 PM   #3
(female)

Oglegen HB User
Re: gastroparesis help

Hello, I can empathize with how you're feeling about gastroparesis. I have it too, to a lesser degree than you, but it's still there and disrupting my life in the same way. It's also hard because there doesn't seem to be very much support for it out there. How long have you been on liquids for? And how are you doing on them? I can only eat solids for breakfast, and then lunch has to be juiced. My blood sugar is all over the place and by the evening I'm feeling so awful I don't want to touch anything at all, yet I have ripping stomach pains from the hunger. But.. the moment I eat I feel sick. It's just a nightmare. .

Last edited by moderator2; 08-16-2008 at 07:39 PM. Reason: do not make offers to violate the posting rules

Closed Thread