It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
(female)

dje27 HB User
severe digestive disorder

Hi everyone, About 2 1/2 years ago I started having very bad abdominal pain and diarrhea after eating. Had a colonoscopy done, turned out to be lymphocytic colitis. After tons of meds still to this day I am having a severe problem with digesting food. I now am B12 deficient and take injections once a month. It is almost like I cant tolerate food, like the process is all messed up. I have tried gluten free diets, dairy free, you name it Ive tried it. I have lost 20 pounds in 4 months. I am only 109 pounds now. Any help out there. Is anyone else having problems like this.

Deb

Old 08-21-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
(female)

care_berry HB User
Re: severe digestive disorder

Wow it sounds like you've gone through a lot! I've had digestive problems too but am now better on a gluten free/casein free diet. I am wondering if there might be an emotional component to your problem? Like stress at work, divorce, etc? When I had some of my old stomach problems resurface recently I finally got fed up and saw a hypnotherapist. It was the best decision I could've made! We got to the source of the problem in one visit and it solved the problem. If you don't want to go down that route, there is always EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) and can be helpful with physical problems too. It involves a tapping technique where you tap on specific points of the body. This is something you can do on your own or there are EFT practitioners you could try as well. Well, I hope this was even just a little bit helpful! I know it can be hard especially when you've tried so many things to get better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2008, 07:52 AM   #3
(female)

dje27 HB User
Re: severe digestive disorder

Hi, thanks for the return message. I am 50 years old and my husband and I do alot together. Time of my life to start enjoying doing things, kids are all grown, etc. I am not a depressed person, love my life. Believe me I even searched at the thought that it is mental!!!! It really seems like food is not being processed the correct way, when its time for the intestines to do what it is suppose to do, something goes haywire. I do find that if I eat smaller portions, and I do mean small, I can tolerate it better. Maybe that is what I need to do. Again thanks for getting back to me.

Closed Thread